How to Open Your Car Door Without a Key: 6 Easy Ways to Get in When Locked Out
Locking your keys inside your car is inconvenient, especially if you’re in a hurry. You can unlock your car door with a shoelace, your car’s antenna, or even your windshield wiper if you’re desperate.
How do you unlock your car with keys inside?
If you’ve locked your keys inside your car, here are 10 ways to get it open.
- Method #1: Use a tennis ball.
- Method #2: Use your shoelace.
- Method #3: Use a coat hanger.
- Method #5: Use a spatula.
- Method #6: Use an inflatable wedge.
- Method #7: Use a strip of plastic.
How do you unlock a car door without a key or Slim Jim?
You can use a wooden wedge, air wedge, and a rod to unlock your car if you can pry the top part of the door open at least a little bit. Grab the wooden wedge first and slide it in through the top part of the door. To avoid damaging the paint, wrap the wedge in a cover (preferably plastic).
How do you manually unlock a car door?
Unlocking a door with manual locks from the inside (method 1 of 4)
- Step 1: Hold the door open with a wedge or tool.
- Step 2: Slide the tool into the gap.
- Step 3: Continue inserting the tool until it is visible.
- Step 4: Make a hook.
- Step 5: Use the hook to open the lock.
What do I do if I leave my keys in the car?
Here are some things you can do to stay calm and get assistance on the way.
- Call 911. If you think you’re in danger, don’t hesitate to call 911.
- Call for roadside assistance.
- Call a tow truck.
- Get a temporary key.
- Keep an extra key on hand.
- Buy a car with benefits.
Will a tennis ball unlock a car door?
The procedure is straightforward: burn a hole in the tennis ball, then press (or smash) as hard as you can, causing the air pressure inside the ball to travel through the keyhole and unlock the car door’s locking mechanism.
Can you use a bobby pin to unlock a car door?
If your car door lock is the traditional type, you should be able to open it with a paperclip or a bobby pin. If using a paperclip, open it up so that it has two prongs, similar to a bobby pin. Insert your lock picking tool into the car lock and move it up and down.
Are Slim Jims illegal?
Depending on the cop, this could be construed as possessing burglary tools; however, if you’re talking about slim-jim type tools, they’re not illegal.
Can a slim jim open any car?
Slim jims are used to unlock car doors without keys or lock picks, but they won’t work on newer cars that have internal defenses like barrier blocks and shrouds for operating rods and lock cylinders.
How can I break into my car?
The following are the steps to take:
- Insert a suitable “Slim Jim” tool into the door.
- Use the hook to open the lock.
- Open the trunk and find access to the interior.
- Crawl through the interior and manually unlock the door.