What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
Exuma Islands (romantic and secluded getaway)If you are after a romantic secluded getaway, then the Exuma Islands are the ultimate destination. This is the best place to stay in the Bahamas for couples looking for some privacy or on a honeymoon. Located south of Nassau, the islands stretch for over 60km.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
The Most Beautiful island in Bahamas – Compass Cay
- Out Islands.
- Out Islands – Things to Do.
- Compass Cay.
Where should I go in the Bahamas now?
A: Good news – there is plenty to choose from! Today, the islands welcoming visitors are Nassau & Paradise Island, Eleuthera & Harbour Island, Acklins & Crooked Island, The Exumas, Bimini, Andros, The Berry Islands, Cat Island, Long Island, Rum Cay, San Salvador, Inagua, and Mayaguana.
What is the safest island in the Bahamas?
Though not entirely crime-free, the Out Islands are generally safer than New Providence and Grand Bahama.
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Abacos.
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
To avoid becoming a victim of crime, visitors to the Bahamas are advised:
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Don’t accept rides from strangers or from unlicensed taxi drivers.
- Do not leave valuables on the beach or poolside while swimming.
- Travel in groups and use taxi cabs during the night.
What is the nicest place in the Bahamas?
Most Beautiful Places To Visit In The Bahamas
- Atlantis © Tyler Merbler/Flickr. Grand Bahama. The Grand Bahama Island is located in the north eastern region of the island chain.
- Port Lucaya, The Bahamas © Jorge Brazil/Flickr. Bimini.
- Bimini, coral reef © Matt Kieffer/Flickr. Andros Island.
- Andros Island © Adrienne Serra/Flickr. Green Turtle Cay.
Which is better Grand Bahama Island or Nassau?
Yes, Nassau is busier than Grand Bahama, but we love it. It’s all in the resort you choose, the beautiful grounds of the resort–you don’t have to go downtown which is busy. The resorts on Paradise Island & Cable Beach are all huge and busy, but do have beautiful grounds, gorgeous beach & turquoise water..
What is the best island to stay in the Bahamas?
The Best Island To Visit In The Bahamas
- New Providence and Paradise Island.
- Grand Bahama Island.
- The Abacos.
- Andros, Bimini and The Berry Islands.
- Eleuthera and Harbour Island.
- The Exumas.
- The Southern islands.
Which island in the Bahamas has the best beaches?
Top 11 Best Beaches in The Bahamas
- Cabbage Beach, Paradise Island. One of the Bahamas’ top beaches can be found in the nation’s capital.
- Treasure Cay Beach, Abacos.
- Tahiti Beach, Abacos.
- Cape Santa Maria Beach, Long Island.
- Pink Sands Beach, Harbour Island.
- Great Guana Cay Beach, Abacos.
- Stocking Island Beaches, Exumas.
- Shelling Beach, Berry Islands.
Is Bahamas safe to travel 2020?
As of January 3, 2020, the CDC recommended US residents avoid nonessential travel to certain affected areas of The Bahamas, including the Abacos and Grand Bahama Island. Parts of The Bahamas, including the Abacos and Grand Bahama Island, have been severely affected by Hurricane Dorian.
Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
Both Jamaica and the Bahamas offer a good variety of water sports activities, beaches, and nightlife, but if you’re more into cultural activities, Jamaica is the solid winner. Bahamas feels more like a resort island that’s a paradise built for tourists.
Is Bahamas OK to visit now?
Q: Is it safe to travel to The Bahamas? A: Yes. The vast majority of The Bahamas (14 islands) were completely unaffected by the storm; their hotels, resorts, restaurants, and attractions continue to welcome travellers from around the world.