What is the easiest way to get around Italy?
Whatever your pleasure, transportation in Italy is modern, easy to navigate and fits a variety of budget ranges.
- Rent a Car for Maximum Freedom. If it’s the open road you’re after, renting a car is the best way to travel in Italy.
- Traveling by Train.
- Fly Intra-Italy.
- Travel by a Bus for an Authentic Experience.
How do tourists get around in Italy?
Travellers wishing to visit Italy can use a bus, train, plane, ferry or cruise ship to get there. However, the most usual way from the US and Canada is by plane, often landing in Rome, Milan, or Venice.
How can I travel around Italy cheaply?
Here’s how you can travel to the land of pizza and pasta on a budget.
- Be selective with your itinerary.
- Go for the off-season.
- Or the winter.
- Find a hostel or airbnb with a kitchen.
- Drink your coffee standing up.
- Adopt aperitivo as your best friend.
- Spend time in the countryside.
Is it easy to travel around Italy by train?
Italy by TrainItaly’s excellent national train system is the most popular way for tourists to get around the country. The national train company is online at Trenitalia.com, where you can look up schedules and purchase tickets. The trains can travel as fast as 360 kph, or 224 mph.