Comparing our best travel credit cards
|Credit Card||Best For||Bonus Value*|
|Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card||No annual fee||$280|
|The Platinum Card® from American Express||Lounge access||$1,200|
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card||Earning miles||$700|
|Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card||Travel Insurance||$500|
9 more rows
Which credit card gives the best travel rewards?
Best travel credit cards of April 2020
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best sign-up bonus.
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card: Best for everyday use.
- Discover it® Miles: Best for earning miles.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card: Best for airline rewards.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for annual travel credits.
What credit card gives the best air miles?
Here are 2020’s best credit cards for airline miles:
|1||Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card||Fly any airline|
|2||Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card||20,000 miles|
|3||Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||2X points|
|4||Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card||Air Miles|
3 more rows
Are travel rewards credit cards worth it?
Travel credit cards can help you earn discounted flights, hotel stays, car rentals and more. With big signup bonuses, competitive reward rates and travel benefits, they can be very tempting. However, these cards may come with expensive annual fees and high APRs, so you’ll want to find one worth its cost.
How many miles do you need for a free flight?
We sampled award miles needed for a one-way domestic flight, and found that consumers need between 5,000 and 147,000 to get a free flight. In most cases, the cost of a round trip flight is simply double what you see below.
How can I use my credit card for free travel?
How to Travel for Free With Credit Card Rewards
- Book travel through the card issuer. Some credit card issuers have booking platforms, similar to websites like Expedia and Orbitz, allowing you to use your rewards to book travel.
- Book travel through third-party merchants.
- Transfer to other travel programs.
How many Alaska miles do you need for a free flight?
What’s the best airline miles credit card?
Best Airline Credit Cards of 2020
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card: Best for airline transfer partners.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best for sign-up bonus.
- Discover it® Miles: Best for first year bonus.
- Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card: Best for no annual fee.
Who has the best airline miles program?
Delta SkyMiles is the best frequent flyer program for the fifth straight year, earning an average WalletHub score of 60.79% in the three usage scenarios. Alaska Airlines offers the most rewards value, at $20.23 per $100 spent. Hawaiian Airlines comes in second, with $16.20 per $100 spent.
Is it better to get miles or cashback?
For most consumers cash back credit cards will provide more value than a standard airline miles credit card. However, the issue is very nuanced, and the same won’t apply to every person reading this. Airline credit cards, on average, provide much better short-term value, while cash back cards are better long-term.
What is the best travel credit card with no annual fee?
Compare the Best Credit Cards with No Annual Fee
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee|
|Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card||No foreign transaction fee||$0|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||Everyday spending||$0|
|Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card||Sign-up bonus||$0|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® card||Travel rewards||$0|
6 more rows
Are travel cards a good idea?
Here are some of the main advantages: Currency cards are convenient – you can spend just as you would with your regular debit or credit card. There’s no credit check, making them great for people without the credit history to get a credit card. On some travel money cards you can access a more reasonable exchange rate.