How do I start my own travel agency from home?
How to Become a Travel Agent: Starting Your Business
- Step 1: Create a plan for your travel business.
- Step 2: Conduct market research and find your niche.
- Step 3: Develop a brand as a travel agent.
- Step 4: Deal with the legal side.
- Step 5: Determine your funding strategy.
- Step 6: Choose a location and hire employees.
- Step 7: Market and launch your travel business.
How much do self employed travel agents make?
The answer can range dramatically. The average salary for a travel agent is low, around $30,000 per year, but that’s for employees…not self employed travel agency owners.
How much does it cost to be an independent travel agent?
If we add all of these costs together, you can realistically expect to invest at least $3,200 annually to legally operate your travel agency in the United States. This investment may be significantly reduced (to as little as $500) if you opt to affiliate as an independent travel agent with a host agency.
What are the requirements of travel agency?
What do I need to do to become a travel agent?
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Level 1/2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Travel and Tourism.