How do I start my own online travel agency?
Here Are Useful Tips To Help You In Establishing An Online Travel Business Successfully
- Plan Everything In Advance.
- Know Your Niche Well.
- Use A Host Agency.
- Decide On Your Funding Resources.
- Make A Branding Strategy.
- Take Care Of Legal Issues Also.
- Hire Employees.
- Opt For An Aggressive Advertising.
What are the requirements of travel agency?
What do I need to do to become a travel agent?
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Level 1/2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
How much do self employed travel agents make?
The answer can range dramatically. The average salary for a travel agent is low, around $30,000 per year, but that’s for employees…not self employed travel agency owners.
How do I get a IATA number?
IATA/IATAN card applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Hold a remunerated position at the accredited travel agency.
- Be registered with IATAN.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Work for the agency at least 20 hours per week.
- Earn a minimum of $5,000 in the year prior to application.
How do travel agencies find clients?
Here are some inexpensive ways that travel agents attract new clients.
- Capitalize on the power of referrals.
- Join groups for new business leads.
- Take advantage of consortia tools.
- Distribute regular press releases.
- Write your own travel column.
- Rent U.S. Postal Service mailing lists to mine new clients.