How do I start my own travel agency from home?
How to Start a Successful Independent Travel Agency
- Connect with a Host Agency.
- Make Sure You Get the Necessary Training.
- Develop a Niche Market.
- Become the Expert.
- Give Your Customers the Service You Want for Yourself.
How does a travel agent make their money?
Corporate travel agencies make money mainly from service fees, net/private fares, and from airline commissions. While the majority of airline tickets don’t pay commission, travel agencies have contracts for commission on tickets that fall into a certain classes of service or certain routings.
How much does a home based travel agent make?
|Salary Range (Percentile)|
1 more row
How do I get started as a travel agent?
How to Become a Travel Agent
- Decide on What Type of Travel Agent to Be.
- Education: Certificate and/or College Degree.
- Determine Your Preferred Work Environment and Gain Experience.
- Get Continuing Education and Consider Certification.