How do you travel when you’re poor?
To help you get the most out of your journey, here are 45 genius travel hacks for when you’re broke AF:
- Plan around off-peak travel times.
- Stay in hostels.
- Take free classes.
- Hostels often have free food.
- Venture off-the-beaten-path to save money.
- Treasure experiences over material things.
- Work in a hostel.
How can I travel for free?
15 Ways to Travel the World for Free (or Even Get Paid)
- Teach Abroad. This is how my wife and I can afford to do so much traveling.
- Maximize Credit Card Rewards.
- Hostels & Other Work-Stay Options.
- Long-Term Volunteering With the Peace Corps.
- Short-Term Organized Volunteering.
- Organize Your Own Volunteer Trip.
- House-Sit or Pet-Sit.
How do you travel and explore the world on a tight budget?
8 Tips to travel the world for cheap
- Travel to cheap countries. On a tight budget you have to choose your destinations wisely.
- Find a job abroad. If you are able to work while you travel there is nothing that holds you back anymore.
- Try Woofing.
- Stay with locals.
- Live sober.
- Choose free activities.
- Try a Van-life.