Over 70 Long Stay Travel InsuranceCover is available for up to 365 days.
50 has become the new cut-off point for travel insurance.
As insurers become ever-more discriminatory, rates for the under 50 have been reduced whilst those for the over 70 increased.
No doubt further age differentiation will occur in the future.
What is the best travel insurance for over 70s?
Three levels of travel insurance cover
- Silver: Silver is our most economical travel insurance for over 70s, it provides cover under the Medical and Mobility Aids sections only.
- Gold: Our most popular travel insurance for those over 70.
- Platinum: Our premium travel insurance for travellers over 70.
What is the best travel insurance for seniors?
The following companies consistently offer highly-rated travel insurance offerings:
- Travel Guard Travel Insurance. In addition to offering standard cancellation coverage, this company features plans that cover preexisting conditions and full medical expenses.
- Travelsafe Travel Insurance.
- Allianz Travel Insurance.
Does travel insurance go up at age 70?
Travel insurance for over 70s usually costs more than standard travel insurance. This is because the older you are, you’re perceived as a greater risk, and more likely to require medical treatment. Factors considered by insurance providers include: Age – the older you are, the more expensive your cover.
What is long stay travel insurance?
What is long stay travel insurance? When you’re planning a long trip, you’ll need travel insurance that can cover your whole holiday. Long stay travel insurance is cover for a longer term trip – usually for holidays where you’ll be away between three and 18 months.
What is the best travel insurance for over 75?
The fact that you are over 75 shouldn’t stop you travelling, but many general travel insurers keep their premiums low by not offering cover to older travellers. Goodtogoinsurance.com is different – our single trip and annual travel insurance has no age limits and we can also cover pre existing medical conditions.
Should over 70s travel?
Holiday and travel insurance for over 70s can be hard to secure, especially if you have a pre-existing medical condition or disability, or if you want to travel further afield than Europe. Many standard policies exclude customers over 70 simply due to their age.
What is the best travel insurance for international travel?
The best travel insurance providers
|IMG Global||Single trip or multiple trips (travel insurance and travel medical insurance options offered)|
|Travel Insured International||Single trip|
|Travelex Insurance||Single trip|
|Seven Corners||Single trip or annual plan for multiple trips|
5 more rows
Who is the best travel insurance provider?
Top Rated Travel Insurance from Banks
- First Direct – Annual Multi Trip.
- HSBC Travel Insurance- Annual Multi Trip.
- TSB – As part of the Silver Account.
- Lloyds – Club Lloyds Platinum.
- Halifax – Ultimate Reward current account.
- Tesco Bank Finest policy.
- Santander – Annual Travel Insurance.
- Barclays Travel Insurance- Travel Plus.
What is not covered by travel insurance?
Travel insurance will not cover you if try to make a claim resulting from a sport or activity that isn’t covered by your policy. This can apply to cover for injuries and illness (medical), as well as equipment loss/damage and any personal financial losses.