How To Start Making Money Online – My Journey From Day 1 To $2M
Johannes Larsson has been making money online for over 12 years as an affiliate marketer, and he shares his story of how he got started and how he built a company that made nearly $2 million last year, as well as how you can copy his success habits and achieve the same success.
1. Got my first income at 16 years old
I officially started my company in November 2010 when I was 18 years old, but it all started as a hobby, so let me start there: a year prior, I experimented with Google Adsense for a few months and was able to generate a $50 monthly income after a few months.
2. You’re account is inactivated – Start over again from 0 income
Adsense was fun until I got my account banned and had to start over. Knowing that Google could remove me at any time made me nervous, but thanks to all of the skills and knowledge I gained, I was able to earn the same income in a matter of months.
3. Diving into affiliate marketing
After being kicked out of the Adsense program, I jumped into affiliate marketing, which was a little more complicated than the old pay-per-click model, and even though it paid well, I knew it wasn’t something I wanted to do for long. By 2010, I had a couple of websites up and running, generating a total of $0.
4. The first affiliate sale – Enough fuel to build momentum
I was able to make my first sale, which was a very happy moment for me; I progressed faster and became more sophisticated in working with this stuff, and I began to create more money-making websites.
5. Year 2011 – actually starting to make a living from my online business
In the beginning of 2012, I was making nearly $2000 monthly thanks to some willpower and many late nights of work. Bought a one-way ticket to Malta on January 26, 2012. Had a great time, met a lot of like-minded entrepreneurs, and helped each other become more successful.
6. Next level – time to scale
I started my business in my underwear in my apartment, and it was quite exciting when I hired my first employee in July 2013, and now we’re three people in the business, with a couple of freelancers working remotely.
7. Year 2015 – The new approach to hiring
After years of freelancing, I realized I couldn’t do everything on my own, so I started hiring people to help me grow my team faster. Today, my team consists of about 45 people who work on creating great comparison services with more value.
8. Year 2019 – brief update about today
We now operate Financer.com, one of the largest financial comparison websites, with a team of 45 people, 40 of whom work remotely, and revenue that increased from u20ac0.4 million to u20ac1.7 million in 2018.
So how do you start making money online? Quick practical summary
When it comes to building an affiliate website, I’ve been asked what the first steps should be. There are no first steps; taking any step is the most important. Get your head right from the start and set realistic expectations and time frames. Scale your business.
Can you make money online as a teenager?
Yes, you absolutely can; in fact, my sister made her first sales when she was 12 years old (read her story here).
Can you start making money online fast?
If you’re lucky and work really hard, you might be able to do it in three months, but I’d say a year is usually enough to make a significant amount of money.
Thanks for reading
I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that it inspires you to start your own business or continue working on your current projects. Affiliate marketing or building a passive income online is not a sport for people who want to get paid right away, but on the other hand, you can reap the benefits of your previous efforts.
How can I travel and make money?
There are ten different ways to make money while traveling around the world.
- Online freelancing.
- Language tutoring.
- Teach others your skills.
- Make things to sell.
- Offer your services at hostels.
- Sell your photos.
- Street performances.
- Seasonal work.
How can I make money living on the road?
50 Ways To Make Money While Traveling
- Start a profitable blog.
- Start a drop shipping business.
- Sell your services on Fiverr.
- Flip items on eBay.
- Sell your own products through online stores.
- Teach English online for up to $22 per hour.
How do I make quick money?
The Most Effective Ways to Make Money Quickly
- Reduce your spending by refinancing your debts.
- Get Paid to Shop.
- Collect Cash from Microinvesting Apps.
- Get Paid to Drive People in Your Car.
- Deliver Food for Local Restaurants.
- Rent Out a Room in Your House.
How do you get paid to travel 2020?
Here are some of the best travel jobs for people with various skill sets, backgrounds, and levels of comfort that will allow you to earn money while traveling.
- Become a Travel Blogger. Become an English Teacher.
- Travel Freelance Writer.
- Website and Graphic Design.
- Travel Tour Guide.
- Traveling Yoga Instructor.
What job will pay me to travel?
Flight Attendant Being a flight attendant is one of the best jobs that allows you to travel; most flight attendants begin their careers in the United States before moving on to longer flights to places like Japan, Canada, and Southeast Asia.
How can I make $100 a day?
QUICK TIP TO MAKE $100 PER DAY ONLINE: Start your own blog to make extra money!
- Participate in research (up to $150/hour)
- Get paid to take surveys.
- Become a shopper.
- Get paid to watch videos online.
- Wrap your car.
- Sell your crafts.
How can I make $1000 fast?
15 Legal Ways To Make Money Online and From Home: How To Make $1,000 Fast
- Use Cash Back Apps.
- Do Freelance Work Online.
- Start a Blog.
- Deliver Groceries With Instacart and Make Money.
- Play With Dogs For Cash.
- Find Hidden Money.
- Rent Your Car on Turo or Drive For Lyft.
How can I get rich without a job?
Without a job, there are 36 ways to make money.
- Invest in Real Estate (Even If You’re Not Rich)
- Squirrel Away Your Spare Change.
- Share Your Opinions (But Not on Twitter)
- Help Small Business Owners.
- Help Make the Internet a Better Place.
- Spend $1 to Own a Piece of Amazon, Google, or Other Companies.
Where can I get money ASAP?
Continue reading for eight ways to make quick cash when you’re in a pinch.
- Pawn Valuables.
- Try a Payday Loan.
- Drive for RideShare Apps.
- Rent Out Extra Rooms.
- Apply for a Title Loan.
- Sign Up for Gig Apps.
- Ask a Friend or Family Member.
- Ask a Friend or Family Member.
How can I make money in one hour?
26 One-Hour Money-Making Ideas
- Become a Reseller. Selling stuff is one of the simplest ways to make extra money.
- Rent Your Stuff. If you’re not ready to part with your stuff just yet, try mystery shopping.
- Take a Few Surveys.
- Sign Up for Rewards.
- Lose Weight.
- Shop Online.
How can I make money doing nothing?
10 Ways to Make Money While You’re Sitting Around
- Create an app. Start a static blog.
- Write online articles.
- Make a YouTube video.
- Take beautiful photos.
- Draw and design graphics.
- Make a t-shirt.
How much money do I need to invest to make $1000 a month?
So it’s probably not the answer you were looking for, because even with those high-yield investments, it’ll take at least $100,000 to generate $1,000 per month, and for most reliable stocks, it’ll take closer to double that to generate $1,000 per month.
How can I double my money in one day?
Day trading is one of the quickest ways to double your money from home, as it entails buying and selling financial assets like stocks or forex for a short period of time during the day, allowing you to profit from small market movements during intraday trading.
What is the safest investment with highest return?
20 Low-Risk, High-Return Investments
- Investment #1: High-Yield Savings Accounts
- Investment #2: Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- Investment #3: High-Yield Money Market Accounts
- Investment #4: Treasury Securities
- Investment #5: Government Bond Funds
- Investment #6: Municipal Bond Funds