How to Plan a Road Trip with Multiple Destinations in Google Maps
When using the website or the Maps app to get directions, Google Maps allows you to add up to nine stops, excluding your starting point. Here’s how to do it with our guide on how to add stops in Google Maps for Android and iOS users.
Add Multiple Stops Using the Website
To send directions to your phone, go to Google Maps in your browser and click the “Send directions to your phone” link. If you have more stops than are allowed, you may need to create a new map.
Add Multiple Stops Using the Mobile App
The app is free for iPhone, iPad, and Android users and uses your device’s location as the starting point for a journey. You can change the order of your destinations by dragging locations up or down using the “Hamburger” (three stacked lines) on the left.
Can you make a route with multiple stops on Google Maps?
To rearrange the order of your stops, tap and hold the stop you want to move and drag it to the position you want. Once you’ve added all of your stops, tap “Done,” and your multi-stop route is complete.
What is the best way to plan a route with multiple stops?
How to Use Only Google Maps to Optimize Your Multi-Destination Route
- #1: Gather your stops.
- #2: Enter your stops.
- #3: Review your mapped route time and reorder your stops until you have the quickest route possible.
- #4: Tap the Start button in the bottom right corner of the app.
Does Google Maps have a route planner?
Is there a route planner in Google Maps? The short answer is yes. Google Maps is great for making small deliveries because it’s free, fast, and extremely user-friendly.
How do I add more than 10 locations on Google Maps?
To add more than 10 destinations in Google Maps, you’ll need access to the web app on a PC or mobile device, and then you’ll need to modify the URL in your search bar to add additional co-coordinates. This method of adding more than 10 multiple stops in Google Maps takes a little longer.
What is the best free route planner?
The Best Free Route Planners That Allow You to Make Unlimited Stops
- MapQuest – Road Trips.
- Plotaroute – Outdoor Activities.
- TruckRouter – Trucking.
- Waze – Multi-purpose.
- MyRoute – Logistics and Trucking.
How many stops does Google Maps allow?
Add a stop (you can add up to 9 stops) by searching for it or tapping it on the map.
What’s the best route planner app?
In 2021, here are the top 15 free GPS navigation apps for Android and iOS.
- Waze. This app stands out due to its crowd-sourced traffic information.
- InRoute Route Planner.
- Apple Maps.
- MapFactor Navigator.
- Apple Maps
How do I map a bunch of addresses?
Go to Google Maps in your browser (make sure you’re signed in).
- Select u201cyour placesu201d from the menu (upper left, looks like parallel lines)
- Click on MAPS.
- At the bottom, click on u201cCREATE MAPu201d
- Click on u201cImportu201d in the middle of the box that appears
- Select the xlsx file from your computer or drag it into the box.
How do I get directions from one Google map to another?
Multiple destinations can be added.
- Open Google Maps on your computer.
- Click Directions.
- Enter a starting point and a destination.
- On the left, below the destinations you entered, click Add.
- Choose another destination to add a stop.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to continue adding stops.
How many addresses can I put in Google Maps?
On Google Maps, you can add up to nine stops.
How do I create a route?
To save a custom route for offline use on Windows or macOS, follow these steps:
- Open My Maps and sign in.
- Open your map.
- Select the Add directions icon.
- Enter your start and end points in the left-hand box
- The route will appear on your map
- Click on Add Destination to add to your trip.
Can you add waypoints on Google Maps?
Google’s Maps app for Android is getting a clever new feature that lets you add multiple waypoints en route to your destination for easier navigation.
Can you do more than 10 stops on Google Maps?
We can only add up to 10 destinations to a Google Maps trip map.
Can I save a Google map route?
You can also save the destination by typing the direction in the search bar and then tapping u201cSaveu201d on the bottom toolbar. When you want to open the map and start the route, go to the u201cSavedu201d tab on the bottom toolbar in Google Maps.