Handout 4: My Spiritual Journey
Draw a map of your spiritual journey, including high peaks, low valleys, and plateaus where your life seemed to coast along, as well as superhighways, bustling cities, and rivers you had to cross. Download the entire Spirit of Life (Word) document to edit or print.
How would you describe your faith journey?
My faith journey is one of gratitude. It is a life of constant reliance on God. It is a journey of thanksgiving, praising God for joy and abundant love, as well as his steadfast presence in sorrow, despair, and fear.
How do I deepen my faith in God?
Contents Table of Contents
- Develop deep convictions. Uncover deep emotions. Cultivate deep relationships. Experience deep love. Deepen your understanding.
How will you show your faith to God?
11 Ways to Incorporate Your Faith Into Your Everyday Life
- Pray throughout the day.
- Read your bible.
- Read a devotional.
- Listen to upbeat and encouraging music.
- Remain active in your church.
- Make friends with people who share your values and reach out to those who don’t.
How do I make my faith stronger?
Here are five ways I try to keep faith in the face of adversity:
- Pray to God, the universe, or whatever higher power you believe in for the strength to love to your full potential.
- Be generous to others.
- Get inspired.
- Surround yourself with people you admire.
How do you write faith?
The steps to writing a faith-based book are as follows:
- Notice the similarities and differences with other books.
- Write a story, not just a list.
- Fiction vs nonfiction faith-based books.
- Draw on your own experiences.
- Trust your faith.
- Create flaws.
What is a statement of faith example?
We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ’s deity, as well as His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and personal return in power and glory.
How do I gain confidence in God?
Contents Table of Contents
- Believe that confidence comes from God. Identify your confidence killers. Pray with unabashed honesty.
- Obey God to build confidence.
How do I build a deeper relationship with God?
So, where do you start when it comes to developing a closer relationship with God?
- Talk to God everywhere.
- Build a relationship with others.
- Listen to God’s voice and practice obedience to his word.
- Be Willing to Trust Him with your heart.
How do I have a deeper relationship with Jesus?
13 Ways to Develop a More Intimate Relationship with God
- Forgive others who have wronged you.
- Stay away from tension!
- Saturate yourself with His presence.
How do I bring God into my life?
Inviting God to Be a Part of Your Life
- Tell him you are ready to trust him and invite him to enter all of your thoughts, words, and deeds.
How do you show faith in action?
Ten Ways to Put Your Faith into Action in a Practical Way
- Receive the Sacraments.
- Reduce your television viewing time.
- Pray for someone who has wronged you.
- Don’t gossip, and stand up for someone.
- Donate used clothes, toys, kitchen items, canned food, or whatever to charity with a heart for Christ.
What God says about overcoming obstacles?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and courageous; have no fear or dread of them, for the Lord your God is with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
What God says about hard times?
Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.