How do I get a travel grant?
5 Surefire Ways to Win Travel Scholarships
- Apply for multiple awards. The trick to upping your chances of being an award winner is to apply for many travel scholarships.
- Customize your applications.
- Action verbs are your friend.
- Have a friend proofread your apps.
- Follow up with the sponsoring organization or company.
How do I get funding for a conference?
This post provides five ideas for funding your conference travel.
Stay a bit longer, get some work done, and attend the conference as a bonus.
- Take a sabbatical.
- Do some work, give a lecture or two.
- The grand tour.
- Put it in the budget.
- Fund it yourself.
How do I write a travel grant application?
So, while this is all fresh in my mind, here are my top five tips for writing a good travel award application*.
- Provide all the information you’re asked for, and in the format requested.
- First impressions count.
- Tell us why you deserve an award.
- Show you’ve done your homework.
- Tell us how this award will help you.
What is a travel grant?
Travel Grants are non-repayable funds given by one party often by a government department, corporation, foundation or trust, to grant seekers. In order to receive a grant, providers usually ask for the submission of application also referred to as a proposal.