What documents do I need to travel to Japan?
You must have a valid passport and an onward/return ticket for tourist/business “visa free” stays of up to 90 days.
Your passports must be valid for the entire time you are staying in Japan.
citizens cannot work on a 90-day “visa free” entry.
Do I need a visa for Japan?
To enter Japan you need a passport and a visa (unless you are from a country which is visa-exempt). There are 68 countries whose citizens can enter visa-free for tourism or business. Other nationalities currently need to go to a Japanese embassy or consulate to apply for a visa.
Do I need vaccinations for Japan?
Yes, some vaccines are recommended or required for Japan. The National Travel Health Network and Centre and WHO recommend the following vaccinations for Japan: hepatitis B, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, tickborne encephalitis and tetanus.
What can you not bring to Japan?
Don’t Bring These Restricted Items to Japan
- Certain fresh fruits or vegetables & soil.
- Certain types of ham, sausage & bacon.
- Items made from CITES-listed species.
- Illegal drugs.
- Weapons such as guns & explosives.
- Fake products.
- Uncensored adult videos or books & child pornography.
- Counterfeit money & credit cards.