- Read the COVID-19 page on the Department of State website before making any plans to travel internationally. Additionally, read the COVID-19 page on the Embassy website for information that is unique to the country in which you will be traveling
- Avoid going on walks by yourself, especially when it becomes dark
- Stay away from regions of informal settlement unless you are accompanied by someone who is familiar with the neighborhood
- Avoid putting cash or valuables on show
All foreign passengers arriving at one of the airports indicated in subparagraph (a) are required to produce a certificate attesting to a negative COVID-19 test that has been validated by the World Health Organization and that was performed no more than three days before the date of travel.
What are the Visa requirements to travel to South Africa?
Learn more about the criteria for obtaining a visa to enter and travel inside South Africa. All guests are required to present a passport that is still valid for travel one month after their scheduled departure date and that has at least one blank page (two if a visa is required). You are need to have a ticket for the return trip.
What should I do Before I travel to South Africa?
- Check the ‘Entrance requirements’ section before you leave to make sure that you comply with all of South Africa’s current entry restrictions and regulations.
- These might shift with little to no prior notice.
- Keep an eye on this information for the most recent revisions, and maintain communication with your travel provider.
- Check the requirements that must be met in order for you to go outside of the country and then come back to England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland.
What tests do I need to travel from South Africa?
- Required must be finished within forty-eight hours before arriving in South Africa.
- In order to enter the United States, visitors who have just returned from South Africa are required to show proof that they have had a negative RT-PCR (NAAT) or Antigen (quick-test) test within the previous 72 hours.
- When entering the United States, travelers who have just come from South Africa must remain in quarantine for a period of seven days.