- Documentation that must be shown in order to gain entry into Mexico may be found under Mexico’s Entry Requirements.
- At the moment, all citizens of the United States who wish to go farther than the Mexican border zone, which is defined as the territory located within 20 kilometers of the border, are needed to have either a valid passport or a passport card.
- There are several exemptions that can be made for kids who are flying or sailing.
If, on the other hand, you want to remain in Mexico for more than 180 days or if you will engage in activities of any type that will pay you money, you will be required to get a visa (if you will receive payment or a salary from a Mexican employer for a professional service rendered). Please refer to the available visa alternatives in accordance with the aims of your trip.
Do you need a passport to fly to Mexico?
Transportation by plane into Mexico When traveling to Mexico via airline, you are required to have a valid passport in your possession at all times. Please be advised that Passport Cards cannot be used for airline travel. We also recommend that your passport has at least six months of validity after the date you plan to leave Mexico after you enter the country.
What do you need to cross the border into Mexico?
- It is mandatory for drivers to display a current license plate and registration sticker on their vehicles before entering Mexico.
- Vehicles with temporary or paper license plates are frequently denied entry into Mexico by the country’s authorities.
- Vehicles that have registration that has expired or plates that have not been properly applied for will most likely be seized, and the driver may be subject to a fine that is equivalent to the worth of the vehicle.