It should come as no surprise that the months of late spring, summer, and early fall are the most popular periods for tourists to travel to Greece. When the conditions are just right, all of the venues throw up their doors and extend an invitation to visitors to stay, dine, and drink there. 4.12 million tourists visited Greece in June 2019, according to official statistics.
September and October are the months with the lowest average airfare for booking flights to Greece, followed by November. – When compared to the typical cost of a ticket over the course of a year, the price of a flight purchased in September can result in savings of up to 13 percent. May and June are the months in which flights to Greece are the most costly to book.
When is the best time to visit Greece?
In general, the time period between the end of April and the beginning of November is considered to be the ideal time to go to Greece. In Greece, the beginning of the season with pleasant weather occurs in the month of April, and by the time May rolls around, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the water is beginning to warm up.
When is the best time to visit Santorini?
- By Santorini Dave Date of last update: 7 October 2019 The end of April to the beginning of November is Greece’s high season for tourism.
- The months of May through October have the most sunshine in Greece, making this the best time to travel there.
- The months of July and August have the highest average temperatures.
- June and September are, according to many travelers, the best months to spend a honeymoon in Greece.
What should I know when planning a trip to Greece?
- What You Need to Know in Order to Successfully Plan a Vacation to Greece 1 The Best Time of Year to Travel to Greece In general, the time period between the end of April and the beginning of November is considered to be the ideal time to go to Greece.
- 2 The Lowest Prices of the Year to Visit Greece 3 The climate in Greece at this time of year.
- Greece is home to a wide variety of festivals and other exciting events.
Where to go in Greece in August?
- Island travel in August may be a great difficulty and sometimes even a pain due to the large number of people traveling to Greece and other European countries for their summer vacations.
- And many islands have their own unique appeals during the off-season: For instance, the Saronic Islands close to Athens, such as Hydra and Aegina, are simple to get to and provide a lot of fun no matter the season (but beach time is mainly May through September).
What is the best time of year to visit the Greek islands?
- The months of July and August are often the warmest.
- Late spring, specifically the month of May, and autumn are the ideal times to pay a visit (Sept-Oct).
- The temperature is just right, there has been no precipitation, and there are less people around (except during holiday weekends).
- The winter season, which begins around the end of October and continues until about the middle of March, is characterized by lower temperatures and scattered showers.
What is the hottest month to go to Greece?
- Temperatures on a monthly basis on average Greece has a climate typical of the Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and relatively moderate winters.
- If you’re looking to soak up some rays, the months of June through September are ideal for a trip to Greece.
- July is the warmest month of the year, with an average daily high temperature of 33 degrees Celsius and an average minimum temperature of 17 degrees Celsius.
What is the cheapest time to go to Greece?
Best practices for locating inexpensive tickets to Greece The months of November and December are considered to be peak season. October is the most cost-effective month to book a flight to Greece.
When should you avoid Greece?
When is it best to steer clear of Greece? Because July and August are the warmest months and also the busiest months, you should avoid traveling to Greece during those two months if at all possible. You should also be aware that August is the month in which almost everyone in Greece goes on vacation.
What should I avoid in Greece?
- 10 Things Visitors to Greece Should Never, Ever Do, Including Never, Ever Showing Too Much Skin When Entering a Church
- Don’t rely on anything but credit cards
- Adopt a posture of quiet anger against those who smoke
- Take pictures of the armed forces’ installations
- Don’t forget to toss the paper in the toilet.
- You can eat or drink while riding the subway in Athens
- To perform the moutza,
Is Greece expensive to visit?
The cost of living in Greece is surprisingly low. The cost of a meal, a drink of wine, a bed in a hostel dormitory, or a ride on a public bus in Greece is not prohibitively high, and travelers may find extremely pleasant places to stay for 30 to 40 euros per night. In Greece, there are a number of different methods to save costs without compromising on the level of comfort you experience.
How many days do you need in Greece?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We propose that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to easily tour Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you may definitely explore more places and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a brief holiday we’ve got you covered too.
Is Greece safe?
OVERALL RISK: LOW. Traveling to Greece is a very risk-free endeavor. It is quite improbable that tourists would be victims of any crimes or acts of violence. The only thing to be concerned about is minor crime on the streets, but as long as you take the necessary safety precautions, your vacation should go off without a hitch.
Does Greece have a rainy season?
- Beginning on September 16 and continuing until June 1 each year, the wet season lasts for 8.5 months and features a sliding 31-day rainfall average of at least 0.5 inches.
- Athens receives an average of 2.4 inches of precipitation throughout the month of November, making it the wettest month of the year.
- The dry season lasts for a total of 3.5 months, beginning on June 1 and ending on September 16 each year.
How much does a trip to Greece cost for 2?
The expense of a trip to Greece According to my calculations, the cost of spending two weeks in Greece will come to around $4,455 per person. Keep in mind that this estimation is based on traveling to the islands that are the most visited (Santorini and Mykonos), which also happen to be the most costly.
What is the best place in Greece to visit?
- Santorini. Santorini, sometimes known as the ″jewel of the Aegean,″ is without a doubt one of the most popular tourist destinations in all of Greece.
- Knossos, which is often regarded as one of the top historical sites in all of Greece
- Athens, which is widely regarded as one of the top tourist destinations in all of Greece
- Meteora, which is regarded as one of the top tourist destinations on the Greek mainland
Which Greek island is Mamma Mia set on?
The Greek island of Skopelos was transformed into the made-up island of Kalokairi for the original production of ″Mamma Mia.″ The island of Vis, which is located off the coast of Croatia, was chosen as the location for the filming of ″Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again.″
Is Greece hot in April?
- The mainland of Greece has temperatures that range from 11 to 20 degrees Celsius (52 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit) in April, although Athens experiences an average of 8 hours of sunlight each day during this time.
- During the month of April, water temperatures over the majority of Greece tend to average 16 degrees Celsius (61 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In the month of April, temperatures are significantly lower in northern Greece and at higher elevations.
Is Greece hot in May?
- The month of May has some of the greatest weather of the year, and by the end of the month, it will have warmed up sufficiently that it will feel like summer.
- With an average high temperature of approximately 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius), it is the ideal time for a beach trip.
- There is a low probability of precipitation, since there will be a lot of sunshine and the sky will be clear blue.
Is Greece hot in March?
In March, how warm is Greece typically? The average temperature in March is 12 degrees Celsius (54 degrees Fahrenheit), with an average low of 8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit) and a high of 16 degrees Celsius (61 degrees Fahrenheit).
What is the best month to visit Greece?
Shoulder season, which occurs either before or after the high season, is typically considered to be the ideal time to travel to Greece since the weather is typically pleasant and there are less tourists present during these times. April and the beginning of May are wonderful months, as are the latter part of September, all of October, and the first few days of November.
When is the best time to visit the Greek Isles?
- High season (June-September)
- Shoulder Season (April – May or October -November)
- Low Season (Late November – April)
Why should you visit Greece?
- The Weather Is Just Right. Greece is blessed with beautiful weather during the spring, summer, and fall months due to its somewhat southern location on the Mediterranean.
- Excellent Food – Greek Cooking Is the Best There Is! I believe that one of the’selling points’ of Greece that gets the least amount of attention is the country’s traditional food.
- Unique Drinks.
- Amazing Beaches.