Is there a travel ban to Costa Rica?
Costa Rica banned all noncitizens from entering the country through April 12. The ban applies to air, land and sea arrivals. The Dominican Republic has suspended all flights to and from Europe, China, Korea and Iran.
Is it dangerous to visit Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is a safe country to visit for solo travelers. As long as you stay away from isolated areas, don’t wave your valuables around, and don’t travel alone at night you will be able to avoid the most common dangerous situations.
What is the best area in Costa Rica to stay?
Costa Rica Top Destinations
- Arenal Volcano—Adventure Capital. Commonly known as the adventure capital of the country, the Arenal area has some of the most adrenaline-inducing activities you can try.
- Manuel Antonio—#1 National Park.
- Tamarindo Beach—Surf & Sunsets.
- Monteverde—Birdwatching Paradise.
- Conchal Beach—Shell Beach.
What is the best way to travel in Costa Rica?
The best way to get around Costa Rica is by bus, which is reliable, navigable, inexpensive and frequently runs through San José, Costa Rica’s capital. Driving on your own is not highly recommended as some roads are tricky (speckled with potholes and ambiguously marked intersections).