Government Travel Card Rules For Pcs?

Effective January 1, 2016, the US Marine Corps requires uniformed personnel executing a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move, to use a Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) in lieu of a travel advance and for all PCS related travel expenses to include temporary lodging expense, dislocation allowance, and

Can you use your government travel card for PCS?

The DoD Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) Program provides travelers with an effective, convenient, method to pay for expenses related to official travel. Use is mandatory for all personnel (military or civilian) to pay for ALL official travel costs for TDY and PCS (where applicable).

Can you use your GTCC for PCS move?

The GTCC will be used for all PCS official travel related expenses for the member and concurrently traveling dependents.

Where can I use my government travel card?

The card located in many people’s wallet is for use by all U.S. government personnel (civilian and military) to pay for costs incident to ‘official’ business travel. “The Travel and Transportation Reform Act of 1998,” or TTRA, governs the use of the card.

Do I have to use my GTC for lodging?

Based on the guidance we quoted above, you should use your GTCC for all official travel-related expenses. That includes things like your airfare, rental car, lodging, meals (yes – even meals!), parking, taxi fares, and all other travel-related costs you incur during a TDY (and a PCS, if your Component permits).Travel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *