How fast does a train go UK?
The average speed at which trains in the UK travel is between 60 and 65 mph (between 95 and 105 km/h). On main lines they can reach a speed of 130 mph (210 km/h). The actual maximum commercial train speed in the UK is 186 mph (300 km/h) and 249 mph (400 km/h) for Maglev trains.
How fast do trains go?
Passenger trains are limited to 59 mph and freight trains to 49 mph on track without block signal systems.
How fast can Amtrak trains go?
What are the fastest trains in the world?
Here are the world’s fastest high-speed trains in commercial service, ranked by speed:
- Shanghai Maglev: 267 mph.
- Fuxing Hao CR400AF/BF: 249 mph.
- Shinkansen H5 and E5: 224 mph.
- The Italo and Frecciarossa: 220 mph.
- Renfe AVE: 217 mph.
- Haramain Western Railway: 217 mph.
- DeutscheBahn ICE: 205 mph.
- Korail KTX: 205 mph.