What qualifications do you need to be a travel agent?
What do I need to do to become a travel agent?
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Level 1/2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
How much does it cost to be a travel agent?
1. Non-Franchise Travel Agency Startup Costs: For travel agents who are hosted, have their own accreditation or were aligned with a consortium, the average startup cost was $1,563. The range of travel agency start ups costs for agents with a host agency was $0-$15,000.
How can I create a travel agency?
Start a travel agency by following these 9 steps:
- STEP 1: Plan your Business.
- STEP 2: Form a legal entity.
- STEP 3: Register for taxes.
- STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card.
- STEP 5: Set up business accounting.
- STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses.
- STEP 7: Get Business Insurance.
- STEP 8: Define your brand.