Here’s how to set up a Chase travel alert:
- Log in to your Chase online account.
- Click on the Main Menu, and then “Profile & Settings.”
- Scroll down and click “Travel,” then “Update.”
- Enter your departure and return dates, and select your destination(s) from the drop-down menu.
How do I set up a travel notice on Chase app?
Setting Up a Travel Notice with the Chase App
- Click on the person icon at the top right corner. This opens up the “Profile & Settings” menu.
- Select “My Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Travel” under “More Settings”.
- From here, select credit card or debit card to access the forms.
Do I need to notify Chase of travel?
While it’s not a requirement of travel, adding an alert on your Chase account before you travel internationally can be a good idea. This lets Chase know that you will be out of the country, so the international activity on your card won’t trigger a fraud alert.
How do I notify my bank when traveling?
Bank of America
- Log in and hover over the “Help & Support” menu tab.
- Click on “Set Travel Notice” in the drop-down menu.
- Enter your destination(s), travel dates, contact number and card(s) you’re taking with you. Share any other travel details you think are relevant.
How do I notify AMEX of travel?
You actually can’t set an American Express travel notification. Amex is one of the few credit card companies that doesn’t allow it. Most issuers want you to tell them ahead of time when you plan on traveling, so they won’t flag your purchases as fraud if they see you spending money in another country or state.