Should I travel to Romania?
There comes a time when every seasoned traveller likes to be surprised. With a mix of unique history, spectacular nature, charming medieval cities and castles and surprising architecture, Romania is absolutely worth a visit. Here are our 12 reasons why you should make this beautiful country your next destination.
Is it safe to travel to Bucharest?
Bucharest is a very safe city to visit, especially when compared to some other famous cities in this part of Europe. The chances of being physically attacked in Bucharest are far less than being attacked, say, in the US or the Western Europe states.
What do I need to know before going to Romania?
Before heading there, here are 8 things to know before visiting Romania.
- Romanian train travel is not like western Europe.
- Transylvania is a must-see.
- Be prepared to feel remnants of the Soviet era in Bucharest.
- Get ready for Instagrammable Bucharest.
- Yes, it’s worth going to Cărturești Carusel.
- The bread is to-die for.
Is there a lot of crime in Romania?
Murder. In 2016, Romania had a murder rate of 1.25 per 100,000 population. There were a total of 247 murders in Romania in 2016.
Is Romania a 3rd world country?
Yes, they might all be officially developing or third world countries, but you can’t compare Romania to China in terms of development, nor Vanuatu with Russia. The same goes with most South American countries or even other European countries that are still “developing”: Croatia, Poland or Hungary, to name a few.
How dangerous is Romania?
PICKPOCKETS RISK : LOWEven though pickpocketing and small thefts are some of the most common crimes you can encounter in Romania, they are most common in big cities like Bucharest, or other famous tourist destinations in Romania, and even there they are rare compared to other bigger European capitals.
Do they speak English in Bucharest?
1) It’s Hard to Travel in Romania with EnglishAnd perhaps this is perspective, because Bucharest isn’t Amsterdam, where everyone speaks English. However, 40% of Romanians speak at least a moderate amount of English.
What animals live in Romania?
10 Animals Found In Romania
- Lynx. The lynx is a shy feline that avoids contact with other animals.
- European Bison. The European bison is one of two bison species, the other being the American bison.
- Dalmatian Pelican.
- Horned Viper.
- Carpathian Wild Boar.
Can you drink the tap water in Romania?
Tap Water. Tap water is generally considered safe to drink in Romania, though nearly everyone drinks bottled water: it’s cheap and available everywhere.