Comparing our best travel credit cards
|Credit Card||Best For||Annual Fee|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card||Starter travel credit card||$95|
|American Express® Gold Card||Worldwide dining||$250 (see rates and fees)|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||Travel credits||$550|
|Ink Business Preferred Credit Card||Small-business travel||$95|
9 more rows
Which credit card gives the best travel rewards?
Best travel credit cards of April 2020
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best sign-up bonus.
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card: Best for everyday use.
- Discover it® Miles: Best for earning miles.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card: Best for airline rewards.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for annual travel credits.
What is the best credit card for airline miles?
BEST AIRLINE REWARDS CREDIT CARDS
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Mastercard® Black Card™
- Discover it® Miles.
- American Express® Gold Card.
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard. ®
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card.
Which Canadian credit card is best for travel rewards?
The best travel credit cards in Canada for 2020
- Best overall rewards credit card:American Express Cobalt.
- Best cards for frequent flyers:TD First Class Travel Visa InfiniteandBMO World Elite Mastercard.
- Best no fee travel credit card:MBNA Rewards Platinum Plus.
- Best no foreign transaction fee credit card:Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite.
Are travel rewards credit cards worth it?
Travel credit cards can help you earn discounted flights, hotel stays, car rentals and more. With big signup bonuses, competitive reward rates and travel benefits, they can be very tempting. However, these cards may come with expensive annual fees and high APRs, so you’ll want to find one worth its cost.
How many miles do you need for a free flight?
We sampled award miles needed for a one-way domestic flight, and found that consumers need between 5,000 and 147,000 to get a free flight. In most cases, the cost of a round trip flight is simply double what you see below.
Is it worth getting a credit card for frequent flyer points?
If your monthly sum is less than this figure, a frequent flyer credit card may not be worthwhile and it’s probably a good idea to consider another type of credit card. $0 p.a. As you can see, the higher the annual fee, the more you’ll have to spend to earn enough points to offset the cost of the card.