What is the rainy season in Jamaica?
The island has two rainy seasons: May, and October through November. The Hurricane Season — The curse of Jamaican weather, the hurricane season, officially lasts from June 1 to November 30 — but there’s no need for panic. Satellite weather forecasts generally give adequate warning so that precautions can be taken.
What is the cheapest month to travel to Jamaica?
The cheapest time to visit Jamaica is between mid November to January. Jamaica consists of white sandy beaches which becomes more fun loving with the pleasant atmosphere during this time.
What is the best month to go to Montego Bay?
The best time to visit Montego Bay, Jamaica is from November to mid-December when the weather is pleasant and the room rates are reasonable.
Is June a good month to visit Jamaica?
Jamaica has a tropical climate, so you can expect hot sunshine, high humidity and tropical rain showers through the summer months. From June through November, temperatures soar with daily highs reaching around 91F. This low season period is the best time to go to Jamaica for a cheaper and quieter vacation.
What should I avoid in Jamaica?
Tourists are advised to avoid traveling in notoriously high-threat areas of Kingston including, but not limited to, Mountain View, Trench Town, Tivoli Gardens, Cassava Piece, and Arnett Gardens. In Montego Bay, avoid the areas of Flankers, Canterbury, Norwood, Rose Heights, Clavers Street, and Hart Street.
What is the coldest month in Jamaica?
Temperatures in Jamaica
- Montego Bay sees its warmest days in July, with a maximum temperature of 91°F, while the ‘coldest’ period is over the month of January, at 82°F.
- Negril generally hottest in July, Negril averages a maximum temperature of 86°F, and is coldest in January at 82°F.
What part of Jamaica is best to stay?
- 5 Best Areas to Stay in Jamaica.
- Negril – Where to Stay in Jamaica for First Visits.
- Kingston – Where to Stay in Jamaica on a Budget.
- Montego Bay – Where to Stay on Jamaica for Nightlife.
- Port Antonio – Coolest Place to Stay in Jamaica.
- Ocho Rios – Where to Stay in Jamaica for Families.
- Review of Where to Stay in Jamaica.
How many days do you need in Jamaica?
10-12 days is perfect to be able to get a tast of Jamaica and do a few excursions! Many often overbook themselves and the point of jamaica is to chill, explore and feel the vibes.
Which is better Jamaica or Bahamas?
Both Jamaica and the Bahamas offer a good variety of water sports activities, beaches, and nightlife, but if you’re more into cultural activities, Jamaica is the solid winner. Bahamas feels more like a resort island that’s a paradise built for tourists.
What is the best part of Jamaica to stay in?
For travelers keen to maximize their beach time during their trip to Jamaica, Negril is the best place to stay. Best known for its lengthy white beaches and calm blue waters, Negril is the picture postcard destination of Jamaica. The most popular beach in Negril is Seven Mile Beach overlooking Long Bay.
Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
7 Best Beaches in Jamaica
- 01 of 07. Doctor’s Cave Beach, Montego Bay. Douglas Pearson/Photodisc/Getty Images.
- 02 of 07. Cornwall Beach, Montego Bay.
- 03 of 07. Treasure Beach, South Coast.
- 04 of 07. Seven Mile Beach, Negril.
- 05 of 07. Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay.
- 06 of 07. Boston Bay Beach, Port Antonio.
- 07 of 07. Mammee Bay Beach, Ocho Rios.
Is Jamaica worth visiting?
Yes, Jamaica is worth visiting. We stayed at Sandals Negril last yr and had the time of our lives. We will return their again very soon. Yes Jamaica is worth visiting, you would just have to use common sense and take safety precautions just as you would do at home.