10 Best Trucks for Towing a Travel Trailer
- Ford F-150.
- Dodge Durango.
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.
- Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon.
- Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban.
- Ford Expedition.
- Nissan Titan XD.
- Toyota Land Cruiser.
What truck has the best towing capacity 2015?
Best Trucks for Towing/Work
- 2015 Nissan Frontier.
- 2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab V6 4×2 PreRunner.
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon.
- 2015 Nissan Titan King Cab 4×2.
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT / 2015 GMC Sierra.
- 2015 Toyota Tundra Regular Cab 8.0-Foot Bed 4×2 with 5.7-liter V-8.
- 2015 Ram 1500 Regular Cab 8.0-Foot Bed 4×2.
- 2015 Ford F-150.
Is a long bed truck better for towing?
Yes. All else being equal, the longer the wheelbase, the more stable the towing platform. So for two identical trucks, the long bed version will be more stable than the short bed. If you want to look at physics, you have a longer “Moment Arm” from the back wheels to the front wheels.
What camper can my truck tow?
For purposes of Find an RV I can Tow, we’ve allowed 1000 lbs for RVs over 8000 lbs, 750 lbs for RVs under 8000 lbs, and 500 lbs for RVs under 5000 lbs for average Cargo Weight. Always confirm your specific tow vehicles towing capacity directly from your vehicle’s manufacturer before purchasing or towing an RV.