Get train & bus departures
From the Google Maps app, you can get transit departures; some transit stations show real-time departures, while others show a schedule. When available, you can find crowd level information under the name of the station, which is based on public transit data. Tap a route for directions.
Find departures from a specific station
Open the Google Maps app and look for the station by searching for it or tapping it on the map.
How do I use Google maps for public transport?
To check the status of public transportation, go to Google Maps.
- Open the Google Maps app and tap “commute” to see a list of nearby routes.
- Tap the route you want to take.
- Any delays or detours will be shown in the directions next to each bus or train line involved in your trip.
How do I create a journey on Google Maps?
Multiple destinations can be added.
- Open Google Maps on your computer.
- Click Directions.
- Enter a starting point and a destination.
- On the left, below the destinations you entered, click Add.
- Choose another destination to add a stop.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to continue adding stops.
Does Google Maps show bus routes?
Google Maps can show you bus or train departures; note that some transit stations show real-time departures while others show a schedule.
Can you plan a walking route on Google Maps?
Draw a Route on Google Maps Set the starting point for your walking, running, or cycling route by clicking on the map, then clicking once for each point along the route to calculate the distance.
How do I create a route map?
How to Create a Custom Route in Google Maps for Windows and Mac
- Sign in to your Google account and go to Google Maps.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner.
- Select Your Places from the pull-down menu.
- Click on Maps then Create Map.
How do I track a train on Google Maps?
Steps to take:
- Open Google Maps on your smartphone and type the destination train station or location into the search bar at the top of the page.
- Then, below the source and destination dialogue boxes, tap the ‘Train’ icon, which is located between the ‘Two-wheeler’ and ‘Walk’ icons.
How can I know my current location?
You can find your location in Google Maps using any modern web browser, such as Safari, Chrome, or Edge. Click the blue-and-white target symbol near the bottom-right corner of the map to re-center the map view and display your current location, which will be marked with a blue dot.
How can I measure my walking distance?
After a dropped pin appears at the starting point where you want the distance measurement to begin, tap the white u201cDropped Pinu201d box at the bottom of the screen and select the u201cMeasure Distanceu201d option.
How are school bus stops determined?
The distance between the student’s home and the nearest property line of the school of attendance is measured in the most direct route to determine the Non-Transported areas, which are less than 2 miles.