The cost of travel trailer insurance can range from $170 to $1400. a year. The cost of a trailer varies and is dependent on a variety of criteria, including the size of the trailer, the state in which the trailer is registered, how frequently you use the trailer, and how often it is out on the road.
Progressive’s average rate for a 12-month RV insurance policy for a travel trailer was $502 in 2020, while the average cost for a 12-month motorhome insurance policy was $848. Progressive offers liability-only recreational vehicle insurance for as little as $125 per year.
Is it worth getting insurance for a travel trailer?
Purchase of insurance for your travel trailer is a smart decision. The cost of travel trailer insurance, on the other hand, may surprise you. A few of weeks ago, I received two bids for the cost of insuring my new trailer. I figured I’d just post the findings here so you’d have an idea of what to anticipate.
How much does RV insurance cost?
- Plus Package: $6838 per year if paid in whole, or $635.33 per month for a total of $7624 per year if paid in monthly installments.
- The following items are included in this package: As previously stated, this plan also provides coverage for any damage done to your real RV, in the event that it has to be repaired or replaced in the future.
- The total of these charges comes to $6428, which is the remaining balance.
How much does Hartford travel trailer insurance cost?
- There is just one bundle available from Hartford Insurance.
- It will cost you $99 per month or $1,185 per year.
- This package includes the following features: The sort of Travel Trailer on which I based the quotations is a 2019 Grand Design IMAGINE 2500RL (29.9 ft), which costs $35,000 and has a price tag of $35,000.
- Basic Package: $399.00 per year when paid in whole, or $36 per month for a total of $432.00 per year when paid in installments.
How much does it cost to insure a 2504 trailer?
So, if you have USAA banking, be sure you use them to complete your transaction. Just so you have an idea of how much your insurance costs will be, the trailer from which I obtained the quotations is a 2017 Rockwood Mini-Light 2504s. I paid $24,500 for it and walked out the door with it (including, tax, title, fees, etc).