One method for charging a travel fee to your customers is to charge a flat cost per mile or hour. This may be done regardless of whether or not you choose to keep a mileage log for tax purposes. It is quite typical for photographers to just charge their customers the federal going rate, which in this year’s terms would be 54.5 cents per mile.
How should I price my photography?
- There is a wide variety of pricing structures available to choose from for your photographs.
- There are many sub-genres of photography, and these sub-genres tend to lend themselves to diverse price structures.
- For instance, commercial photographers have the option of charging by the image, by the day, or by a flat rate for the entire job.
- Photographers who work events typically charge an hourly cost in addition to a daily rate for their services.
How much do event photographers charge per photo shoot?
- Wedding photographers charge between $1,000 and $3,000 for a full day’s coverage, whereas event photographers charge between $150 and $250 per hour with a 2-hour minimum booking requirement.
- The price of a portrait photography session and print package can range anywhere from $150 to more than $300.
- Because of all of the variables at play, arriving at an accurate estimate of the overall cost is not a straightforward procedure.