How long does it take to get a travel document?
The travel document usually arrives within 150 days (sometimes longer) after submitting your application.
You can’t leave the country until you have your approved travel document in hand, so you should expect to spend the 3–5 months after submitting your green card application in the United States.
How do I apply for a travel document?
How to Apply
- Complete the Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. Review the form instructions for directions on completing the Form I‑131.
- Submit the Filing Fee(s). Include the appropriate filing fee with the Form I-131 and biometric services fee (if applicable).
- Submit evidence.
- Sign and File the Form I-131.
How much does it cost to apply for travel document?
Filing Fees$575 for a reentry document or advance parole, plus an $85 biometrics fee for applicants between age 14 and 79 years of age. $135 for a refugee travel document for applicants who are 16 years of age or older, plus an $85 biometrics fee (unless the applicant is age 80 or older)
How can I apply for travel document UK?
To apply for a UK Travel Document you have to submit the following evidence:
- Duly Filled-Out Application Form.
- Payment of the Correct Application Fee.
- Signed “Confirmation of Identity” Declaration.
- Two Colored UK Visa Photographs.
- Copy of Your Valid Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (If you already don’t have one).
What is the difference between passport and travel document?
A travel document is normally issued in an emergency when the person’s passport has expired or they are in the process of applying for one. A travel document is only a temporary solution to a passport. A travel document is not regarded as significant as a passport.
Who can apply for travel document?
Lawful permanent residents who obtained their status through refugee or asylum status may also apply for a travel document. Although permanent residents can generally enter the United States with the green card (after an absence of less than one year), a travel document may be needed to enter other countries.
What are the types of travel documents?
Types of travel documents considered acceptable for leaving the U.S. include:
- A government-issued passport.
- S. Permanent Resident Card.
- Stateless travel document.
- Re-entry permit.
- NEXUS Card.
- S. Merchant Mariner Card.
- Military ID card.
- Emergency travel document issued by an embassy or consulate.
How long does it take to get a refugee travel document?
Your actual refugee travel document should be issued within about 2 to 5 months from filing your Form I-131. You may request that the actual document be sent to your U.S. address, your attorneys address (if you choose to work with an attorney), or to a U.S. consulate or embassy abroad.
Can I apply travel document online?
However, you can arrange to pick up your Refugee Travel Document at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. You only need remain in the United States to attend your biometrics appointment, if necessary. It is possible to apply for a Refugee Travel Document abroad.