The very minimum professional certification a travel agent can attain is the Certified Travel Associate (CTA).
This can be earned after 18 months of travel industry experience.
You cannot become “certified” with them until you have been on the job for at least a year and a half, studied for and passed a rigorous exam.
What qualifications do you need to be a travel agent?
What do I need to do to become a travel agent?
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Level 1/2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
How can I become a travel agent online for free?
Those with an interest can obtain free training through various websites that will give you all the information you will need to become an online travel agent.
- Online Travel Agents Course.
- Register or Apply Online.
- Choose Your Courses.
- Obtain Errors and Omission Insurance.
- Travel Sellers License.
How much does it cost to be a travel agent?
1. Non-Franchise Travel Agency Startup Costs: For travel agents who are hosted, have their own accreditation or were aligned with a consortium, the average startup cost was $1,563. The range of travel agency start ups costs for agents with a host agency was $0-$15,000.