How to start a fitness blog with 7 tips from a pro
I founded Elite Aesthetics, a personal training gym in Tempe, Arizona, in 2016, and after two years of blogging, my credibility in the health and fitness industry has skyrocketed. Here’s how to start a fitness blog and turn that blank page into an empire.
1. Decide who you’re talking to
The foundation of a successful fitness blog is identifying your audience. If you started your blog as a weight loss diary, stick with it. Don’t write a post about your stressful work day or annual family gathering on the spur of the moment. Your audience respects your knowledge; don’t lose them with random posts.
2. Tell it like only you can
Don’t be like every other fitness blogger and write about recycled topics; there’s no one else like you out there, so showing your true self will make your blog stand out.
3. Look beyond dot com
It’s time to name your blog as a new business owner; new domain names like fit, fitness, and club are more specific to what you do; choose the right name for your blog to help people recognize your name and web address.
4. Don’t be afraid to be annoying
If you’re sick of posting, you’re not doing it often enough. The most popular fitness blogs grow their audiences by posting daily, so keep that in mind whenever you create new content. Bite the bullet and post, post, post!
5. Be a stickler about posting
Life gets in the way, but if you’re proactive, you can avoid missing out on your daily post. Skipping a post, even for one day, shows a lack of passion to your readers. If you know you’ll be on vacation, schedule your content ahead of time.
6. Invite comments
You can also increase blog engagement by featuring guest bloggers. Consider offering a trade: your guest blog post in exchange for another’s. This shows you respect each other’s expertise while also allowing you to cross-promote your blogs.
7. Kill them with kindness
A negative comment may make you angry, but you must rise above it. Thank them for their insight and end on a positive note. It’s a simple response that doesn’t invite further discussion, and it’s one I use with my clients.
How to start a fitness blog — be yourself
Establishing a fitness blog and attracting an audience takes time, patience, and a desire to share your passion; your commitment is what will propel your blog forward; there is an audience waiting to be motivated and inspired.
Do fitness blogs make money?
You can monetize a fitness blog with sponsorships, ads, sales, and services if it’s really good, but don’t let the money take over your focus.
What should a fitness blog include?
Here are a few supplement-related fitness blog topics:
- Pre-workout supplements (creatine, beta alanine, beet juice, and so on)
- Post-workout supplements (protein, BCAAs, and so on)
- Protein powders and shakes.
- Prepackaged sports foods (bars, gels, and so on)
How do I start a fitness journey for beginners?
6 Tips from a Personal Trainer on How to Begin Your Own Fitness Journey
- Make a commitment to yourself.
- Make a vision board.
- Begin small: Do 10 jumping jacks and 10 squats.
- Remind yourself that something is always better than nothing.
- Don’t be concerned about weights.
- Be more aware of your movement and thoughts throughout the day.
How do I start a health journey blog?
Continue reading to discover my four suggestions for getting started on your health and wellness blog right away.
- Step 1: Determine your target audience and niche. Step 2: Register your domain name. Step 3: Choose a hosting provider. Step 4: Write, edit, and publish your content.
Should I start a fitness blog?
There are many great reasons to start a blog, regardless of how you choose to blog: It’s a great way to promote your business; if you already have a fitness business, a blog will be a great way to increase your exposure to audiences you might not have otherwise discovered.
How do weight loss blogs make money?
CPC or CPM ads are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad. Let’s look at what they are and how to make money with them.
How do you start a blog for beginners?
5 Steps to Starting a Successful Blog
- Choose a blog name and get hosting.
- Install WordPress.
- Choose a simple theme to personalize your blog.
- Install two key blogging plugins to find readers and track stats.
- Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers will enjoy.
How do I promote my fitness blog?
How to Promote Your Fitness Blog and Generate More Leads
- Publish Data-Driven Content.
- Upgrade Old Content.
- 3. Facebook Post Boosts.
- Social Media Images.
- Blog to Video.
How much can a fitness blog make?
According to a CNBC article, top-earning fitness gurus on Youtube earn between $80,000 and $800,000 per month.
How do I start a weight loss journey?
The Top 13 Weight Loss Tips listed below can assist you in successfully starting your weight loss journey.
- Eat for Better Health.
- Avoid Processed Foods.
- Don’t Eat in Front of the TV or Computer.
- Lose Weight by Eating Mindfully.
- Stay Hydrated.
- Farm to Table.
- Enjoy Life More.
How do you start a healthy journey?
9 steps to help you get started on a lifetime of health and wellness
- Make a plan.
- Schedule exercise time.
- Eat breakfast.
- Make substitutions.
- Think color.
- Be wary of salads and sandwiches.
- Be wary of restaurant meals.
- Eliminating food types isn’t always beneficial.
How can I enjoy my fitness journey?
Here are a few things I’ve learned over the years about learning to enjoy our fitness journey:
- Stop overthinking.
- Forget everything.
- Don’t compare.
- Remember WHY you move.
- Make movement a habit outside of exercise.
- Don’t forget to have fun!
How is a blog written?
Step 1: Plan your blog post by deciding on a topic, creating an outline, conducting research, and double-checking facts. Step 2: Write a headline that is both informative and attention-getting. Step 3: Write your post, either in one sitting or in sections.
How do you start and grow a health or fitness blog with the least effort?
- Build a community around your blog.
- Good on-page SEO.
- Careful off-page SEO.
- Consistency (stick to your publishing content).
- Be patient and work hard.
How do you create a successful health and wellness blog?
A Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Health and Wellness Blog
- Step 1: Pick a Health and Wellness Blog Niche.
- Step 2: Create a Brand Name.
- Step 3: Set Up WordPress on Your Web Host.
- Step 4: Find a Health Blog Theme.
- Step 5: Conduct Keyword Research.
- Step 6: Create Useful Content.