- If you want to visit Greece without breaking the bank, buying your plane tickets several months in advance is always a good idea.
- You may begin looking for flights anywhere from three months to a whole year before the day you want to take your vacation, depending on where you will be departing from.
- Even for extended journeys, we have discovered that it is worthwhile to purchase economy aircraft tickets.
7 Ways to Save Money While Traveling Around Greece
- Visit during the shoulder season to get better deals on hotels, restaurants, and nearly everything else
- Register for one of Athens’ many free guided walking tours.
- Couchsurfing or staying at an Airbnb are two options.
- Make reservations in advance for ferries that run overnight.
- Explore islands that aren’t as popular with tourists.
- Moped rental is highly recommended for getting about the islands.
How much does a trip to Greece cost?
- Therefore, a vacation to Greece for one week with two individuals would set you back an average of 1,722 Euros ($1,971) The information on these travel prices, including their averages, has been compiled from the experiences of previous travelers in order to assist you in creating a budget for your own trip.
- This information was derived from the expenditures of actual passengers – Here’s how it works.
Is it hard to travel to Greece on a budget?
It is possible to travel to Greece on a limited budget. Regrettably, a lot of people have the mistaken perception that traveling to the Greek islands is not only difficult but also quite expensive. The answer is no. There is no need to go into debt for this. In Greece, you may even go island hopping during the months of July and August.
What are the best Greek islands to visit on a budget?
On the weekends, a significant number of Athenians travel to these islands. The most popular of these islands is Hydra because of its preserved medieval town, but any of them might be a worthwhile addition to your trip to Athens if you are island hopping on a budget in Greece.
How can I save money in Greece?
- A Travel Guide to Greece That Includes Money Saving Tips Eat for very little money.
- Gyros and other street foods only cost a few Euros each, and they may keep you filled for less than 10 Euros (11 US Dollars) every day.
- If you are unable to travel the train, you should consider renting a scooter instead.
- It is a more entertaining and less expensive method to travel between the many villages and cities.
How much does an average trip to Greece cost?
The cost of a vacation to the Greek Islands for one person traveling alone is $1,274, while the cost for a couple is $2,288 and the cost for a family of four is $4,290. Hotels in the Greek Islands can cost anywhere from $50 to $226 per night, with an average rate of $87; however, the majority of vacation rentals can cost anywhere from $130 to $380 per night for the complete residence.
Can you travel to Greece cheaply?
The cost of living in Greece is surprisingly low. The cost of a meal, a drink of wine, a bed in a hostel dormitory, or a ride on a public bus in Greece is not prohibitively high, and travelers may find extremely pleasant places to stay for 30 to 40 euros per night. In Greece, there are a number of different methods to save costs without compromising on the level of comfort you experience.
What is the cheapest way to travel in Greece?
- When traveling over significant distances inside Greece, taking a domestic aircraft is going to be the choice that is both the quickest and, in most cases, the most cost-effective.
- There is a possibility that the cost of your ticket may change depending on the time of year that you fly, but as a general rule, you can expect to pay around $57 USD for a journey from Athens to Corfu in June (Aegean Airlines).
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
Skyscanner reports that September, October, and November are the three months that offer the best value for purchasing a travel to Greece. According to the website, if you book your travel during the month of September, you have the potential to save up to 13 percent off of the yearly price average for flights.
Is Greece cheaper than Italy?
- Greece is often less expensive than Italy, however there is not a significant price gap between the two countries, particularly outside of the country’s major cities.
- Both Greece and Italy are home to some of the world’s most luxurious hotels and dining establishments.
- Even if Italy has more five-star hotels and restaurants, Santorini and Mykonos are still the best places to go if you want to be treated and indulged.
How much money do you need for 2 weeks in Greece?
The expense of a trip to Greece So, how much does it set you back to take a vacation in Greece? According to my calculations, the cost of spending two weeks in Greece will come to around $4,455 per person. Keep in mind that this estimation is based on traveling to the islands that are the most visited (Santorini and Mykonos), which also happen to be the most costly.
How many days in Greece is enough?
- Getting Ready for Your Vacation in Greece It is highly recommended that you spend at least seven days in Greece in order to have enough time to tour Athens in addition to one or two islands in Greece.
- If you have a longer amount of time to spend on your vacation, you will undoubtedly be able to explore a greater number of locations, including less popular islands, but if you are only planning a short trip, we can still accommodate you.
Is food in Greece expensive?
In general, the cost of food in Greece is rather reasonable when compared to the costs in many other European countries. It is dependent on the restaurant that you choose to go to. There is a wide variety of restaurants in Greece, ranging from those that are extremely affordable to those that are rather pricey.
Do people in Greece speak English?
In spite of the fact that Greek is both Greece’s and Athens’ official language, English is also widely spoken throughout the city, so you shouldn’t have any trouble communicating while you’re there. In Greece, the English language is frequently used, particularly in areas of the city that are frequented by tourists.
Is Greece safe for solo female Travellers?
Is it safe for women to travel independently in Greece? Yes, traveling throughout Greece by yourself as a woman is often fairly safe to do. The Greek people are known to be helpful and kind. It’s possible that men in Canada will be more open with their advances than in other Western nations, but if you respectfully let them know that you’re not interested, they will apologize and back off.
How Safe Is Greece for tourists?
OVERALL RISK: LOW. Traveling to Greece is a very risk-free endeavor. It is quite improbable that tourists would be victims of any crimes or acts of violence. The only thing to be concerned about is minor crime on the streets, but as long as you take the necessary safety precautions, your vacation should go off without a hitch.
Is Santorini Greece expensive?
The white- and blue-washed island in the Greek Cyclades that is Santorini is practically heaven on earth, which is why it draws more than two million tourists every year. On the other hand, the cost of living here is almost twice as high as it is in Athens, with hotels charging an average of $250 per night during the summer months.
What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Greece?
A Concise Summary of the Top 3 Most Affordable Airports in Greece!
|Airport Ranking||Destination||Search Cheap Flights|
|First Place||Athens||Search Flights To Greece|
|Second Place||Lemnos||Search Flights To Lemnos|
|Third Place||Crete||Search Flights To Crete|
Is it worth to visit Greece?
It is highly recommended that you go to Greece. There is such a wide range of landscapes and experiences to be had in this nation, from tranquil islands with picture-perfect beaches to archaeological sites and a civilization that dates back thousands and thousands of years.
Is it cheaper to fly into Athens or Santorini?
- When we analyze the travel expenditures that actual tourists have incurred between Athens and Santorini, we can observe that Santorini is the more expensive of the two destinations.
- Additionally, not only is Athens considerably cheaper, but it is also a destination that is a substantial amount cheaper.
- Therefore, a trip to Athens would allow you to reduce your overall expenditures and save money.