How to Update your Uconnect System
Owners can upgrade their Uconnect System by requesting a USB drive, installing it themselves, or taking it to a dealership. To update Uconnect, remove all SD cards and USB ports from your car and replace them with a new drive.
What format does USB need to be for uconnect?
The USB stick must be formatted in FAT32, which is the default format for all USB sticks.
What file system does Uconnect use?
7) The flash drives must be formatted to FAT32, as this is the only file that the radio or Uconnect can read.
Can I update Uconnect myself?
Owners who want to update their Uconnect Systems can get a USB drive preloaded with the software, install it themselves, or take it to a trusted dealership. Upgrading the software yourself takes time, so going to a dealership appears to be the only viable option.
Can I play movies on my Uconnect?
You can connect your Apple and Android devices through Apple CarPlayu00ae or Android AutoTM to the Uconnectu00ae Theater in some larger CDJR models, allowing your passengers to play video games, watch movies, or go online on one of the dual 10-inch touchscreens.
Is Uconnect the same as Bluetooth?
You’ll get the same feature set whether you install Uconnectu00ae on a Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, or RAM vehicle, from Uconnectu00ae phone compatibility via Bluetoothu00ae to Siriu00ae Eyes Free, as well as more standard and available technologies like Uconnectu00ae Access App remote vehicle connectivity. Mobile Wi-Fi.
How do I add apps to Uconnect?
After you’ve registered with Uconnect, go to the “Apps” menu on your vehicle’s touchscreen, which is typically located on the bottom-right of the main screen. Make sure the vehicle is in park and the radio is turned on before continuing.
Will Uconnect play WAV files?
2. The wav music file type is not supported by the Uconnect Media Player Browser.
How do you add music to Uconnect?
Adding Music to the Hard Drive of a Uconnect
- Make a playlist of the music you want to add in Windows Media Player (WMP).
- Insert a high-capacity thumb drive into your computer.
- Create a folder on the thumb drive called ‘My Music.’
- Select the Synch tab with the playlist on the right side of the player.