Dodge Journey: Reset “Oil Change Due” Light
If you haven’t changed the oil in your Dodge Journey, the “Oil Change Due” light will illuminate; you can temporarily clear the message by pressing the “Up” arrow button; to completely reset the message, turn the ignition to ” OFF/LOCK” or ” ON/RUN.”
How often will the “Oil Change Due” light illuminate? Dodge only says that it depends on how the vehicle is driven, but they do recommend that the oil change interval not exceed 1 year or 10,000 miles before an oil change is required.
How do I reset my Dodge Journey?
Reset the u201cOil Change Dueu201d light on your Dodge Journey.
- Press the Accelerator pedal all the way down slowly 3 times within a 10 second interval.
- Turn the ignition to u201cOFF/LOCKu201c. For push button start models, press the u201cEngine Start/Stopu201d button once without holding the brake pedal.
How do I reset my UConnect?
UConnectu00ae Reset in Five Easy Steps
- Ensure your vehicle is in park and in “Run” mode.
- Press and hold the volume and tuner knob buttons at the same time.
- Hold the knobs down for 10 u2013 20 seconds.
- The screen should flash your vehicle’s brand name and then go dark after holding down the knobs.
How do I reset my oil change light on my Dodge Journey?
Dodge Journey 2009-2016: How to Reset Oil Life
- Turn the ignition to RUN (second position)
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way down three times within 10 seconds.
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Turn ignition to RUN or start the engine to verify if the oil life has been reset.
How do I reset my oil change light on my 2014 Dodge Journey?
Follow these steps to reset the “Oil Change Due” light:
- Start with the vehicle turned off and no foot pedals pressed. Press the start button twice to get it to the u201cOn/Runu201d setting.
- Press the gas pedal all the way to the floor 3 times within 10 seconds.
What to do if UConnect is not working?
Remove the battery (if removable u2013 see your phone’s owner’s manual) and perform a hard reset in the phone. Delete the pairing history in your phone and Uconnectu00ae system, which is usually found in the phone’s Bluetoothu00ae settings. Verify you are selecting “Uconnect” in the discovered Bluetooth devices on your phone.
Why is my engine light on in my Dodge Journey?
If your Dodge Journey’s check engine light illuminates, it means there’s a problem that needs to be addressed right away, and your Dodge should be transported in as soon as possible. This blinking light usually indicates a severe engine misfire, allowing unburned fuel to leak into the exhaust system.
What problems do Dodge journeys have?
The car not turning over, the engine not starting, multiple electrical failures, a faulty TIPM, premature battery failure, electrical system shutting down while driving, ignition recall, and wireless communication are the main areas of concern within the electrical system for the Dodge Journey problems this year.
How do you reset the computer on a 2018 Dodge Journey?
To reset the uconnect system in a 2018 Dodge Journey, press and hold the volume and tune buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds, until the screen goes black, then load back up after a few seconds.