When entering Turkey, nationals of the United States are required to obtain a valid visa in order to proceed through border control. There is no longer a requirement for citizens of the United States to apply for a Turkish visa in person at a national embassy or consulate, nor is it necessary for them to receive a visa upon arrival at the border.
Conditions for Admission and Departure:
- Travelers who are less than 12 years old
- Those passengers who can present a COVID-19 immunization certificate proving that they were completely immunized at least 14 days prior to their scheduled arrival
- Passengers who have a COVID-19 recovery certificate that was issued no more than six months before their arrival
- Passengers who have a valid passport
- Commercial sailors
What do I need to enter Turkey?
- Following the guidelines stated in this article, visitors of any nationality who are able to demonstrate that they are eligible for entry into Turkey are permitted to do so.
- To enter Turkey, non-Turkish citizens are required to have a valid passport in addition to a valid visa or a copy of an authorized online eVisa.
- Visitors should verify the most recent information on the shutdown as well as any travel advisories before departing.
Do I need a passport to travel to Turkey?
The Turkish government recommends that your passport should be valid for at least six months from the day you visit Turkey, and that there should be a complete blank page available in the passport for the entrance and departure stamps. On the website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you’ll discover additional information about the prerequisites for entering Turkey.
What tests do I need to travel from us to Turkey?
Unvaccinated visitors departing from the United States are required to have a negative RT-PCR (NAAT) or Antigen (quick-test) test result. The RT-PCR (NAAT) test must have been completed 72 hours before departure, and the Antigen test must have been completed 48 hours before departure. Is it possible for me to avoid the quarantine in Turkey?