Summary of The Best Airline Miles Credit Cards of 2020
|Credit Card||Best For|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||Sign-up bonus|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card||Annual bonus points|
|United Explorer Card||United and Global Entry/TSA PreCheck application credit|
|Capital One® Venture Rewards® Credit Card||Airline transfer partners|
2 more rows
What is the best credit card for airline miles?
BEST AIRLINE REWARDS CREDIT CARDS
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
- Mastercard® Black Card™
- Discover it® Miles.
- American Express® Gold Card.
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard. ®
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card.
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card.
Which credit card gives the best travel rewards?
Best travel credit cards of April 2020
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Best sign-up bonus.
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card: Best for everyday use.
- Discover it® Miles: Best for earning miles.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card: Best for airline rewards.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Best for annual travel credits.
Are credit cards with airline miles worth it?
When airline credit cards are worth it. Whether you should get one comes down to whether the value you get from the card exceeds the fee. These cards earn frequent flyer miles every time you use them — usually one mile per dollar, with extra miles for purchases from the airline itself or with partners.
How many miles do you need for a free flight?
We sampled award miles needed for a one-way domestic flight, and found that consumers need between 5,000 and 147,000 to get a free flight. In most cases, the cost of a round trip flight is simply double what you see below.
How many Alaska miles do you need for a free flight?
What is the best travel credit card with no annual fee?
Best no-annual-fee travel credit cards
|Category||Credit card||Estimated rewards earned after five years|
|Runner-Up||Discover it® Miles||$1,991|
|Best Welcome Bonus||Uber Credit Card||$1,798|
|Best for Hotels||Capital One® VentureOne® Rewards Credit Card||$1,699|
|Best for Students||Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students||N/A|
1 more row
Are travel cards worth it?
Travel credit cards can help you earn discounted flights, hotel stays, car rentals and more. With big signup bonuses, competitive reward rates and travel benefits, they can be very tempting. However, these cards may come with expensive annual fees and high APRs, so you’ll want to find one worth its cost.
How can I use my credit card for free travel?
How to Travel for Free With Credit Card Rewards
- Book travel through the card issuer. Some credit card issuers have booking platforms, similar to websites like Expedia and Orbitz, allowing you to use your rewards to book travel.
- Book travel through third-party merchants.
- Transfer to other travel programs.