Can I Travel Outside Us While Waiting For Green Card?

Can I travel to the US while waiting for green card?

Precautions to take when visiting your spouseIt’s possible to visit your spouse in the United States while your marriage-based green card application is pending.

In order to do so, you would need to apply for a tourist visa.

You also must never lie about being married to a U.S.

citizen or green card holder.

Can I travel while waiting for adjustment of status?

While it’s possible to travel with a pending adjustment of status application, it is risky. If you need to travel abroad, you can apply for an Advance Parole Travel Document using the USCIS application I-131. This document gives you permission to leave the country for a specific period of time, for a specific reason.

Can you travel while I 485 is pending?

When I am asked the question, can I travel while my I-485 is pending? The answer is yes – with proper planning. The I-485 itself does not provide you with any “status” in the United States. Two companion applications, the EAD and Advanced Parole, can allow you to work and travel based on the I-485.

Can I travel outside US without my green card?

If you are already a lawful permanent resident waiting for your green card delivery, you should still be able to travel outside the United States without your green card. If you do travel outside the U.S. as a permanent resident without a green card, make sure you return to the U.S. before your stamp expires.Travel

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *