14 tips for advanced journey maps
Although creating a journey map is a fairly simple task, there are a few tips and tricks that will help your journey map stand out from the crowd.
1. Use images to create empathy and illustrate processes
You can interact with the icons and pictograms, as well as the language they’re built on, and view them in a variety of ways.
3. Duplicate personas and maps to use them as templates
You can keep one persona as a template and duplicate it if you have multiple personas to use as a base.
4. Hide/show lanes to customize exports
Hidden lanes are not exported, making it easier to tailor journey maps to your audience or purpose. When you hide a lane, only a grey bar with the title is visible in the editor, not the lane itself, which helps you keep track of large journey maps.
5. Use the touchpoint details to walk people through the journey, step by step
A sidebar with all details of this touchpoint will appear if you click on the step title and then on touchpoint details; this small presentation mode can be useful for you to walk others through the journey map and help them keep focus in front of you.
6. Use the backstage lane together with the separator to visualize an illustration similar to a service blueprint
The backstage lane and the separator lane are two of the most important components of a service map, with only the arrows between the different activities distinguishing them. See an example map below to see how you might use them in your own organization.
7. Use emojis to visualize emotions, ratings, categories, …
Emojis are displayed in the text fields of the persona editor and journey map editor, as well as on the titles of your journey maps’ lanes, and you can pick them up from getemoji.com and use them in several places in Smaply.
9. Compare the experience of two personas on one emotional journey lane
You can feed data in real-time into your journey maps using Zapier or simply add links to project management tools like Jira or Trello. By the way, if you have two personas with very similar journeys, you can simply duplicate one journey and reuse it on the same map.
11. Color-code and tag your projects
On your dashboard, you can use Smaply’s color-coded journey maps by defining a code that works for you; for example, if you have the same persona in multiple journey maps, you can use the same color or tag for each project that contains this persona.
12. Visualize stakeholders in your journey map through backstage/activities lane
The backstage lanes depict the people, organizations, devices, or channels that make your process run smoothly; they aren’t always humans, but they can be tools, networks, or whatever makes a journey go smoothly. Use the file lane to upload interview recordings or videos.
How do I fill a customer journey map?
What Is a Customer Journey Map and How Do I Make One?
- Set clear map objectives.
- Profile your personas and define their goals.
- Highlight your target customer personas.
- List all the touchpoints.
- Identify the elements you want your map to show.
How do I use user journey map?
The user journey mapping process is broken down into eight steps.
- Choose a scope.
- Create a user persona.
- Define scenario and user expectations.
- Create a list of touchpoints.
- Consider user intent.
- Sketch the journey.
- Consider a user’s emotional state during each step of interaction.
How do you facilitate a journey mapping workshop?
The following are the steps for putting together a virtual user journey mapping workshop:
- Determine the workshop’s scope by determining which persona’s user journey you want to focus on.
- Invite participants.
- Prepare for the workshop.
- Hold the workshop.
- Follow up.
Is Journey map mod client side?
JourneyMap is a Forge client server mod that maps your Minecraft world in real-time as you explore it, and you can view it in a web browser, in-game as a Minimap, or full-screen.
What is Journey map mod?
JourneyMap is a techbrew mod that allows you to view real-time in-game mapping as a minimap, fullscreen map, in a web browser, iPad, or Android tablet. There are two versions of JourneyMap: FairPlay and Unlimited.
What are the 7 steps to map the customer journey?
In 7 Easy Steps, Create A Customer Journey Map
- Step 1: Determine your goals.
- Step 2: Develop buyer personas.
- Step 3: Determine motivations and pain points.
- Step 4: Create a buyer’s journey map.
- Step 5: Maximize your touchpoints.
- Step 6: Identify your Moments of Truth.
- Step 7: Revise.
What are the stages of customer journey?
The five phases of the customer journey are Awareness, Consideration, Purchase, Retention, and Advocacy, and your potential customer should be guided through them in order to be introduced to and u201cbuy intou201d your product.
How do I track a customer journey?
Let’s look at how you can create a customer journey and track it.
- Creating the Journey.
- Identifying Touchpoints.
- Mapping Your Customer Journey.
- Assessing Whether Customers Are Achieving Their Objectives.
- Optimizing the Customer Journey.
- Final Thoughts.
What is a touchpoint in customer journey?
From start to finish, customer touchpoints are your brand’s points of contact with customers. Touchpoint definition: A touchpoint is any time a potential customer or customer interacts with your brandu2013before, during, or after they buy something from you.
How do you describe a journey map?
A journey map is a visual representation of the steps a person takes to achieve a goal. In its most basic form, journey mapping begins with the compilation of a series of user actions into a timeline, which is then fleshed out with user thoughts and emotions to create a narrative.
How do I optimize user journey?
Customer journey optimization is the process of connecting and mapping customer interactions across multiple touchpoints in order to direct or influence the end-to-end experience and drive customer loyalty.
How do you conduct a customer journey in the workshop?
First and foremost, what do you require prior to attending the Customer Journey Mapping workshop?
- Define the goal. Identify participant groups. Talk to the participants ahead of time about.
- Create a repository!
- Collect all workshop materials:
- Finish the Customer Persona.
- STEP 1: Get everyone on the same page.
How do you facilitate a workshop?
In 18 easy steps, learn how to run a successful workshop.
- Prepare for the unexpected.
- Get to know the participants.
- Define the purpose.
- Set a clear goal.
- Plan for more than just a day.
- Set the scene.
- Complete a check-in.
- Go over the ground rules.