HOW TO RESET: Dodge Journey Oil Change Reminder Reset
From 2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017-2018-2019-2020, here’s how to RESET the Oil Change Due Reminder Indicator on Dodge Journey (Crew, Crossroad, Express, GT, Limited, Lux, Mainstreet, R/T, SE, SE Value, SE/AVP, SXT).
1. Slowly depress the GAS PEDAL three times within 10 seconds, and 2. Make sure to fully depress the pedal, not just one or two at a time.
To verify that the indicator has been reset, turn off the ignition and start the vehicle; if the message still illuminates when you start the vehicle, repeat the procedure. Warning: Only the Oil Life after Oil Change message is displayed on the indicator for your car’s odometer.
About Dodge Journey
The Dodge Journey is a mid-size crossover SUV that has been manufactured and marketed by FCA’s Dodge brand since 2009. The V6 engine and all-wheel drive have been dropped for 2020, along with poor IIHS small-overlap crash-test results and below-average owner satisfaction.
How do you reset the oil change message on a Dodge Journey?
The Dodge Journey’s “Oil Change Due” light will illuminate to remind you that it’s time to change the oil. Dodge Journey: Reset “Oil Change Due” Light
- Set the ignition to “ON/RUN.”
- Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way down three times in a 10-second interval.
Where is the oil change reset button?
After an oil change, how do you reset the oil light?
- Turn on the car’s systems but not the engine.
- Find the “Reset” button or stick, which is usually near the speedometer and fuel gauge on the dashboard.
How do you reset the oil light on a 2003?
How to Reset the Oil Change Light
- Press and release “RESET” to display “OIL LIFE XX%”.
- Press and hold “RESET” for 2 seconds to display “IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET”.
- Press and hold “RESET” to display “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%”.
How do I reset my oil life manually?
Hold the Reset Button and Turn the Key Turn the ignition back on while holding the reset button, and keep an eye on the oil change or maintenance light, which should begin to blink. Allow the light to blink ON and OFF for a few seconds, then release the reset button and turn the ignition off.
How do you reset the check engine light on a Dodge Journey?
You can also try resetting the car’s overall system by disconnecting the battery terminals and turning on the headlights for about 15 minutes, which will drain all power from the vehicle and trigger a reset, which should clear the check engine light.
Why is my change oil light still on?
If your oil light remains illuminated after changing your engine oil, check the sensor first to rule out a faulty sensor. The oil pump may not be circulating enough oil to keep the engine’s parts lubricated and functioning properly, which can lead to a variety of engine problems.
Why is my oil light still on after oil change?
If the light comes on after an oil change, it could be due to a problem with the oil pump, which means there isn’t enough oil circulating through the various parts. Regular oil changes should help prevent this, but parts do wear out.
How do you reset the oil light on a 2004 expedition?
On a Ford Expedition, how do you reset the oil light?
- Press the SETUP button briefly until u201cOIL LIFE =% HOLD RESET = NEWu201d appears on the screen.
- Press the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%.
How do I reset my oil percentage?
Step 1: Start your Civic without starting the engine or press the start button twice without touching the brake. Step 2: Press and hold the Trip knob until the Engine Oil Life percentage displays. Step 3: Press and hold the Trip knob until the Engine Oil Life percentage blinks.