How to Write a Perfect Facebook Post & Achieve Maximum Reach
How do you make the perfect Facebook post? There are dozens of best practices and examples of what makes a perfect post. Try out the tips and strategies on your own posts to see if your Facebook stat boost is on point.
The Anatomy of a Perfect Facebook Post
Use these best practices as a springboard for your own tests and experiments to see if you’re hitting all of them.
1. A perfect Facebook post is a link post
Link posts take advantage of meta tags from a webpage’s title, description, and photos, whereas photo posts require you to upload and attach a photo to your update. The data comes from Facebook’s own studies on post types. When you share a link, you can control the text and image on your page.
2. A perfect Facebook post is short, as little 40 characters if at all possible
Other studies have confirmed the “shorter is better” maxim, with “tiny” posts of zero to 70 characters receiving the most likes, comments, and responses, according to a study.
3. A perfect Facebook post is sent at non-peak hours
Track Maven looked at over 1.5 million posts and 5,800 pages to find the best practices for brands. Post on Saturdays and Sundays, and post after regular business hours. The best time for a workday is 5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
4. A perfect Facebook post is part of a consistent sharing strategy
The successful pages posted at least once a day, creating an expectation among their fans of consistent, quality content. There are several ways to stay on schedule with your Facebook posts.
5. A perfect Facebook post includes a newsworthy element (optional)
Users will also be able to see how many people like or comment on a post, as likes and comments are used to determine whether a post is displayed in the News Feed.
What does your perfect Facebook post look like?
I hope these best practices have given you some ideas for what to test with your Facebook marketing strategy; please let me know how your tests go and if you’ve already discovered perfect practices for your Facebook page in the comments below!
How do I add university to my timeline on Facebook?
To add information about your university to your Timeline, follow these steps:
- In your About section, click “Add a college.” Type in your university next to “School.” Include any additional information.
- Click “Save Changes.”
How do you show your work and education on Facebook Timeline?
How to Add Information About Your Work and Education to Your Facebook Timeline
- Click in the Where Have You Worked field after clicking the Edit button.
- Type the name of the company where you worked or currently work.
- Enter details about your job in the fields that appear.
- Click Add Job.
How do you say you left a school on Facebook?
Change your education and work information using the website’s profile tools.
- Select “Education And Work” from the categories list on the left side. Click “Edit My Profile” in the top left corner of your Facebook homepage next to your profile photo.
What is bio on FB profile?
Your Facebook profile bio is the information you share in the static areas of your Facebook Page, and it will convey important business information to users.
How do you graduate on Facebook?
How to Add a Graduate School to Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook account by visiting the website and clicking your name at the top of the screen.
- Click the “Update Info” button at the bottom of your cover photo.
- Click the “Edit” button in the “Work and Education” category.
Why won’t my life event show up on my timeline?
– Check that you’re using the most recent version of the app or browser; – Restart your computer or phone; – If you’re using a phone, uninstall and reinstall the app; – Log into Facebook and try again.
What do you get when graduate?
In short, a high school diploma is the degree you receive when you complete all of your school’s, district’s, city’s, and state’s educational requirements, whereas a high school certificate indicates that you completed high school but did not meet all of the requirements to graduate.
How do I change my work on Facebook without everyone knowing?
- Click the privacy setting button next to the specific item you’ll change, and then change the setting to “Only Me.”
- Enter your new information, and then save it.
- Click the Activity Log button near the top of your timeline, and then hit edit.
How do I add a left job status on my Facebook?
Once you’ve signed in to your Facebook account, click the “Edit My Profile” link, which will take you to your profile settings, which will default to “Basic Information.” Click the “Education and Work” link on the left, as shown in the screenshot.
How do I change my work on Facebook?
This Article Is About
- Select Edit Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click + Edit Your About Info.
- Click Work and Education.
- Click Add a Workplace.
- Click Save Changes.
How do you add a certificate on Facebook?
You can add your skills by going to the ‘about’ tab at the top of your profile page, selecting ‘Work and Education,’ and then clicking the ‘edit’ button to the right. Click that, and you’ll see an option to add your professional skills right at the bottom of that section.
How do I show my job title on Facebook?
In the “Position” field, type your job title; as you type, a list of possible matches for your entry will appear; click a matching job title or keep typing to create a new one.
Why can’t I add my school on Facebook?
Why can’t I add my school’s Facebook page to my Facebook education section? To get your school to work with Facebook as a school on their list, you’ll need to create a network, but make sure you get permission from your school first.
How do I get Facebook to say study instead of studied?
How to Include Your Academic Background in Your Facebook Profile
- Sign in to Facebook and click “Edit Profile” in the left sidebar under your name.
- Scroll down to the “Work and Education” heading and clear your listed work history.