How much do home based travel agents make?
ZipRecruiter, a job recruiting website, says that as of January 11th, 2019 the average wage for a “work at home” travel agent is $53,358 per year with some agents making up to $130,000.
How do travel agents work from home?
If you’re just starting out, you may want to familiarize yourself with host agency options to get a feel for what each can offer.
- Cruises Inc.
- Cruise Planners.
- Disney Vacation Planner.
- Home-Based Travel Agent Resource Center.
- National Association of Career Travel Agents.
What other jobs can a travel agent do?
- Air cabin crew.
- Holiday representative.
- Hotel manager.
- Tour manager.
- Tourism officer.
- Tourist information centre manager.
- Travel agency manager.
How do I become a travel agent from home UK?
You can work your way up or study for specialist qualifications, such as a degree or BTEC in travel and tourism, or enter through other specialisms such as accountancy and PR. There is some degree of flexibility offered in the industry, depending on the job you are interested in.
How do I start my own travel agency from home?
Here’s the steps to take to start your travel agency from home:
- Find a Travel Agency Niche:
- Choose your travel agency’s name:
- Choose a Business Structure:
- Creating your Travel Agency Business Plan:
- Register your company with the state:
- Get an FEIN (optional, but recommended):
- Set up your travel agency financials:
How do I become a home based travel agent for free?
Those with an interest can obtain free training through various websites that will give you all the information you will need to become an online travel agent.
- Online Travel Agents Course.
- Register or Apply Online.
- Choose Your Courses.
- Obtain Errors and Omission Insurance.
- Travel Sellers License.