- American Samoa, Guam, and the most recent addition, the Northern Mariana Islands, are the other three territory of the United States that do not need a passport for entry.
- All of these territories are situated in the Pacific Ocean.
- Under certain conditions, citizens of the United States are permitted to travel to both Canada and Mexico without presenting their passports issued by the United States.
- The following nations allow citizens to travel without a passport: Puerto Rico
- The Dominican Republic
- Virgin Islands, United States
- Islands in the Northern Marianas
- Samoa American
Where can you travel without a passport?
The United States Virgin Islands are located just a short boat ride away from Puerto Rico, which is another location that does not require a passport to enter. Saint John, Saint Croix, and Saint Thomas are the three islands that make up this territory.
How many countries can a US citizen visit without a visa?
It is possible for citizens of the United States to travel to 128 countries without needing a visa. In addition, holders of American passports can apply for 35 e-visas or 22 visas upon arrival in a country.
What Islands do you not need a passport to visit?
- The United States Virgin Islands are located just a short boat ride away from Puerto Rico, which is another location that does not require a passport to enter.
- Saint John, Saint Croix, and Saint Thomas are the three islands that make up this territory.
- Many people get this collection of islands mixed up with its equivalent in the British Commonwealth, which is known as the British Virgin Islands.
How many countries can you travel with an American passport?
United States Passport. It is possible for citizens of the United States to travel to 128 countries without needing a visa. In addition, holders of American passports can apply for 35 e-visas or 22 visas upon arrival in a country.
Where can US citizens go without a passport?
- Where may a person who is a citizen of the United States go without a passport? Puerto Rico
- Virgin Islands, United States of America
- The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Samoa American
What Caribbean islands don’t require a U.S. passport?
- Beaches and a tropical rain forest are just two of the many attractions that Puerto Rico has to offer. Puerto Rico. Visitors visiting Puerto Rico won’t be at a loss for things to do, whether they want to spend their time in the city, the country, or at the beach. Activities available
- St. Croix, USVI. You are able to go to St.
- St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
- St. John, USVI. St
How can I travel internationally without a passport?
For travel within the United States
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- ″Trusted Traveler″ cards issued by the Department of Homeland Security (Global Entry®, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST)
- U.S. Military Identification
- Permanent Resident Card
- Card for Crossing the Border
- DHS-designated upgraded driver’s license
Can I go to the Bahamas without a passport?
Even though it is possible to enter the Bahamas without a passport if you travel there by boat, the United States Department of State urges all US residents to bring a passport with them just in case something unexpected happens. For instance, if there is a crisis at your residence, you could feel the need to instantly travel back there.
Do I need a passport to go to Jamaica?
- Visa, Entry, and Exit Requirements Requirements When going to Jamaica, citizens of the United States are often needed to provide a valid passport issued by their home country in addition to evidence that they have plans to leave the island nation.
- You are permitted to use any other document that satisfies the requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) if you are going to Jamaica on a cruise.
Do you need a passport to go to Costa Rica?
- US nationals do not require an entrance visa to Costa Rica.
- However, they are need to have a passport that is currently valid and a ticket to leave Costa Rica within the next ninety days.
- (Either to go back to the nation you came from or to go to a different country) You are need to have a passport that is valid for at least one day beyond the day you enter Costa Rica if you are from the United States.
Can I go to Cancun without a passport?
IMMIGRATION | CANCUN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT To enter Mexico, tourists coming from the United States do not require a passport. You are welcome to use either the Birth Certificate or. Certificate of Eligibility to Vote or.
Do you need a passport to go to Belize?
- You are required to have a passport that is valid for the duration of your stay, sufficient finances to pay the cost of the duration of your stay, and a passport that is issued by the United States and is valid for the duration of your stay.
- If you enter Belize via land, you will be subject to varied costs depending on whether or not you intend to stay for more than twenty-four hours after you arrive.
Can a US citizen visit Mexico?
It is possible for citizens of the United States to enter Mexico without a visa for stays of up to 180 days for business or tourist purposes, and stays of up to 30 days for transit purposes are also authorized without a visa.
Can I go to Mexico without a passport for an emergency?
- Even if you just want to travel by land or water, you only need a passport card; nonetheless, it is highly advised that you have a book with you just in case you wind up having to take an emergency flight.
- A valid driver’s license issued by your state may suffice as identification for some types of closed-loop cruises, which begin their journey in the United States and end it back there on the same itinerary.
Do you need a passport to go to Dominican Republic?
To enter or transit through the Dominican Republic, all United States citizens, regardless of citizenship status, are needed to provide a valid passport. The authorities have not created any kind of accommodation or modification to this rule for passengers arriving from Puerto Rico.
Do you need a passport to go to Bermuda?
- To enter Bermuda or re-enter the United States, visitors from either country are needed to provide a valid passport.
- This rule applies to anybody traveling between the United States and Bermuda.
- Those who are planning a trip to Bermuda and have concerns about the process can get in touch with the British Embassy in Washington, DC, or any of the British Consulate General offices that are spread out around the United States.
Do you need a passport to go to St Lucia?
Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements NOTE: When going to Saint Lucia, all nationals of the United States are needed to provide an up-to-date and valid passport issued by their home country, as well as evidence that they have plans to leave the country. This covers passengers who arrive via airline as well as those who arrive via private vessel on the water.
Which Caribbean islands can you visit without a passport?
- There is no requirement for a passport to enter Puerto Rico. It is not necessary to have a passport in order to go to Puerto Rico because the territory is considered a U.S. territory and part of the Commonwealth of the United States.
- You may go to the United States Virgin Islands with just your driver’s license as identification. The U.S.
- Participate on a cruise called the ″Closed Loop.″ It is still possible to sail to the Caribbean without departing from the United States
- Obtain a Passport Card from the United States