What documents do I need to travel to Europe?
Travel documents within EuropeYou will need an ID card or passport if you are travelling within the European Union. And not just when you cross a border (for example, via an airport). You must also be able to show an ID card or passport if you are staying in a European country. Some countries also require a visa.
What does a US citizen need to travel to Europe?
What Documents do Americans Need to Enter the Schengen Area?
- A US Passport. It must not be older than 10 years and it should be valid for at least three more months beyond their intended date of departure from the Schengen Area.
- Evidence on their purpose of entry.
- Proof of sufficient financial means.
Do you need a visa to go to Europe in 2020?
New EU rules on short-stay visas apply worldwide from 2 February 2020. They make it easier for legitimate travellers to apply for a visa to come to Europe, facilitating tourism, trade and business, while providing more resources for countering irregular migration risks and threats to internal security.
What should you not wear in Europe?
6 Things You Should Not Wear in Europe
- A Non-Ironic Fanny Pack. Are you a hip teenager with the confidence to ironically wear a designer fanny pack slung over your shoulder?
- Head-to-Toe Sports Gear.
- Hiking Clothes.
- Flip Flops.
- Regular Sneakers.
- American-Only Branded Clothing.