How much do home based travel agents make?
ZipRecruiter, a job recruiting website, says that as of January 11th, 2019 the average wage for a “work at home” travel agent is $53,358 per year with some agents making up to $130,000.
How do travel agents work from home?
If you’re just starting out, you may want to familiarize yourself with host agency options to get a feel for what each can offer.
- Cruises Inc.
- Cruise Planners.
- Disney Vacation Planner.
- Home-Based Travel Agent Resource Center.
- National Association of Career Travel Agents.
How do you make money as a travel agent?
Corporate travel agencies make money mainly from service fees, net/private fares, and from airline commissions. While the majority of airline tickets don’t pay commission, travel agencies have contracts for commission on tickets that fall into a certain classes of service or certain routings.
What qualifications do you need for a travel agent?
What do I need to do to become a travel agent?
- Level 1 Certificate/Diploma Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry.
- Level 1/2 Certificate in Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Award in Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism.
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Travel and Tourism.